Best cover version of the weekend?

Guest budvar

I also saw Emmy The Great & Tim from Ash doing Where Is My Mind.

In addition to House of the Rising Sun during Say I Won't (Recognise), Gaslight Anthem also covered Muddy Waters' Mannish Boy during Old White Lincoln.

Kool & the Gang doing Don't Stop Till You Get Enough was damn near as good as Janelle's MJ tribute...

I say damn near cos Janelle's Monae's set pretty much blew the roof off the stage. She just oozed confidence, class and charisma.

Future headliner ? Why am I even bothering with a question mark ?

Saturday at The Avalon Stage.

Hobo Jones doing their usual fun stuff when Hobo told a story about how an old friend of theirs (played fiddle on their cd) had passed away suddenly in his 40's leaving behind a wife, 4 year old son and daughter who wasn't yet 6 months old.

They then preceded to play a slowed down version of The Pogues' Sally Maclennan.

Not a dry eye in the house.

Agree with the War of the Worlds post as that was truly apocolyptic.

We properley messed up with the U2 thing on Friday night as was getting wasted in the Kasbah watching the rain dropping and lost track of time. But somehow stumbled across Brit Floyd at the Accoustic tent. Dark side of the moon, Another brick in the wall then finally Comfortably numb was prob the best covers I ever will hear, never been fortunate enough to see the real Pink Floyd. Was a quiet and roomy crowd but the magic made the back of yer neck tingle.