How good were Elbow

Guest dottycat2205

I saw them on the Asleep in the Back tour and they were good; though even then the venues were too big for their style. I thought they were dire on Saturday - and what the f@ck was with the hand waving? Interesting comparing them with Morrissey - never liked his music, but he at least acts like a rock god.

Best set of the weekend, my mate and I had seen them before but they were a million times better and we cried bucketloads, another friend hadn't listened to them before and he said it was the best gig he'd ever been to, I think the crowd interaction helped that.

Beautiful songs, nicest bloke in Guy Garvey, on the Pyramid Stage, the occasion of it, the weather and being with mates, it blew everything else out of the water and I've never cried at music that much in my life, Wierd Fishes made me cry on Friday at the Park with Radiohead, but was crying for the majority of Elbow's set.

Oh by the way, if the northern man is on here who spoke to a group of us 7 on the right hand side from Bury, very very nice bloke and it was a pleasure meeting you, sorry for being such soppy gits!

I saw them on the Asleep in the Back tour and they were good; though even then the venues were too big for their style. I thought they were dire on Saturday - and what the f@ck was with the hand waving? Interesting comparing them with Morrissey - never liked his music, but he at least acts like a rock god.

Biblically good, the best performance of this and many other Glastonburys.

They make the most beautiful music that is haunting, life-affirming, introspective and joyful and that all in a tiny little set.

Their love, authenticity and all-round brilliance made Coldplay and their ridiculous lyrics look like the slick, stylized stadium-filling nothingness that they are.