2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radiohead and Bowie are hotly tipped. Arcade Fire would be a great shout. Mike wants the Rolling Stones at some point and given his age, and their age, the sooner the better (though I avoid dad rock headliners myself, legend or not, put your feet up and retire).

Just some thoughts on some other suggestions

Gaga - hell no, please don't ever do this. She's crap. Popular, but crap. Plus, if you're going to throw a curve ball headliner, perhaps mix it up a bit, we've had hip hop and pop, we don't need pop again.

Elbow - probably going to headline sometime but 2013 might be too soon for them to get a new record out and I reckon it would be tied into that. Biffy are the other I think could get themselves to headliner status.

Daft Punk - overdue but I'd suspect more Other Stage level these days, particularly with their annual big dance act on there. I think Chase & Status are the dance act coming through that might fill this spot one day, maybe not by 2013.

Bjork - was great in 2007 and perhaps keep an eye on her headline set at Bestival this year to see if she does a good enough audition.

Foo fighters - not many other current bands that size that haven't done it.

Janelle Monae might make Other Stage headliner in 2013 if she bangs out another big album, I'd certainly expect she'll get an invite back.

Arcade Fire

Radiohead

David Bowie

I can also see Florence and Mumford and Sons each doing a headline slot on The Other Stage. My main wish is for Daft Punk to listen to their fans....if they were to headline the pyramid stage I think it would go down as one of the classic Glastonbury sets

How about a woman who has played less than the 30 gigs ever, the last being in 1979 to headline?!

The woman is Kate Bush and she recently said she has not ruled out playing live again before she is too ancient. She certainly has the back catalogue and if she were too play would surely have to headline.

I'd guess this maybe the most unlikely of all the suggestions but you never know!