2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My return flights to Bangkok last year were the same price as a Glastonbury ticket. Festivals are expensive but can be done on the cheap, I'd take a punt & say once you're on site Glastonbury would be one of the cheapest festivals to survive at on pennies.

Not true, at all. Not even close.

Glastonbury is 200 quid, each, in. By the time you add in cost of getting there, any new/replacement camping gear, food, etc, most people will have at least doubled that (and often more).

2 nights in Berlin can cost less than half that including train to the airport, flight, hotel, and food/spending money. I'd imagine there's other cities that can be done as cheaply.

I flew Thai direct from LHR to BKK (+£50 return to USM), got an upgrade too on the outbound flight to business. Service is much better in both classes than Virgin & the food was nicer than most of BA First/VA Upper.

They didn't even mind leaving me with a small bottle of alcohol to save me getting up each time to the galley or calling them. A340 is quiet & modern compared to majority of Boeings too but they are replacing them. No A380 for this route planned.

Sorry off on an airline ramble. Well worth replacement for Glastonbury last year.

I think you can quite comfortably find a long weekend city break for two for cheaper than two major festival tickets. Obviously hotel deals and cheap flight destinations have to work out but it can be done. Whether the spending money would work out cheaper I don't know, I imagine you'd want to eat better than a dogburger and greasy chicken noodles every day if you were away on holiday, but you'd probably spend less on booze and fags.