Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest shangri-la_steward

2013 Headliners

Great to see the speculation starting already :D

If I were to guess three now it would be Pulp, The Rolling Stones and Lady Gaga...

Pulp:

Pros - Absolutely nailed it on the Park. Jarvis giving hints about doing a 5th. My guess is Emily will have a big say in this

Minuses - Can't see them doing new material. Will they still be back together in 2013? Maybe it's already the plan to do it as a farewell gig?!

The Rolling Stones:

Pros - With a succession of HUGE acts doing it (U2 being the most recent example) recently it feels more likely they'll say yes.

Minuses - They'll only do it if they fancy it, that year. I think they came close this time and it didn't happen. ME once said they were the one band he didn't think would ever play...

Lady Gaga:

Pros - Would give the line-up a bit of diversity. My guess is she'll still be huge in 2013.

Minuses - Can't really think of any; maybe too many costume changes...

Other names I think will be in the mix:

Green Day - Feels really unlikely, but I think they'd do a wonderful job

Foo Fighters - I think they'd be wlikeful. I'd guess they'd likee to do it. I think it's more likely after QOTSA doing such a good job

Arcade Fire - I think they're less likely; made it well known they didn't enjoy it in 2007. Maybe the sunshine of the last couple of years will persuade them otherwise.

Eminem - Still seems a little unlikely to me but if he gets his stuff together I think it would be great (and make Jay Z look like less of a one off)

Radiohead - Mixed feelings on this one. I suspect that they're much happier doing sets like the one they did at the park rather than the idea of doing a crowd-pleasing headline slot. A 3rd straight fest (even with the gap) might be a bit much too

The Smiths/ Stone Roses/ Led Zep etc. - Never seem in any way likely; if any of themthet back together it would be for teh cash; they've had lots of opportunities to do it for Glasto

Daft Punk

Led Zeppelin

Pink Floyd

Elton John

Dire Straits

all possible i reckon. If not complete bands, then some members from representing

Arcade Fire - I think they're less likely; made it well known they didn't enjoy it in 2007. Maybe the sunshine of the last couple of years will persuade them otherwise.

Elbow

Arcade Fire

The Rolling Stones

People are saying Lady Gaga because she's currently massive and because Beyonce did it this year, but Beyonce's got about 30 hit singles and Lady Gaga's got half a dozen.

Friday

Pyramid - The Rolling Stones

Other - Florence & The Machine

John Peel - The Gaslight Anthem

Saturday

Pyramid - Elbow

Other - Beastie Boys

John Peel - Manic Street Preachers

Sunday

Pyramid - Radiohead

Other - Arcade Fire

John Peel - Caribou

ideally possible...

Elbow

Radiohead / Arcade Fire

the...umm...Rolling Stones

more plausible...

Kasabian

Lady Gaga

Arcade Fire

I think it be :

Friday: Arcade Fire/Biffy Clyro (Another hit album)/Dizzie Rascal

Saturday: Radiohead

Sunday: PULP :D

Possibly Lady GaGa to

unrelated to the post, but i noticed your display pic is that of the bands album i watched on sunday night, they were really good, did you see them?

David Bowie (apparently he's been heavily rumoured)

Radiohead

Arcade Fire (if they release another big album)

Pyramid

friday - foo fighters

saturday - radiohead

sunday - lady gaga or eminem

other

friday - ?

saturday - daft punk

sunday - arctic monkeys

I can see it being Arcade Fire, Elbow or Kasabian if any of them bring out another decent album in the next 2 years.

Apart from that, I guess it is wholly dependant on who is touring. Clearly any reuinion of the likes of Floyd would need to include Glasto. Foos could also do it if they're still going. I would personally love to have another opportunity to see Radiohead, although it would be a fairly uninspired booking.

And they always love the random big solo artist from yesteryear.... the Stevie Wonder or Bruce SPringstein. Dylan could obviously fill that role, likewise a Dre or a Prince (if he gets over his hissy fits).

Reckon we could easily see The Killers return, if their new album is good and they're touring, which they probably will be my money would be on them. They have unfinished business after sound problems in '07

I'm gonna go with....

The Killers

Dizzee Rascal

Arcade Fire

Days are interchangeable though

Rolling Stones are unlikely because of their rider demands for specific security company arent they?