2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arcade Fire, The Rolling Stones, Kanye West

I think Arcade Fire will be back. They're one of the biggest bands in the world now, and would be a great booking. Several years since they last played, may do fests again next year?

What can you say about The Stones? I'm not a fan, but their history is evident.

Kanye is an incredible artist. I await all the comments about him being a twat etc. etc. but he makes very good music, and puts on a very good show. See the Late Orchestration videos etc. etc.

I reckon Arcade Fire will be touring a new album in 2013, they've released one every 3 years so not unlikely. I reckon they'll have Kanye or Lady Gaga as a more mainstream headliner. then Either Rolling Stones or Bowie.

So basically what everyone else has been saying lol :P

Well seeing as the festival is keen to bring in more urban pop acts I would expect to see Jesse J, Dizzee and in keeping with T4 on the beach, V and Radio 1's Big Weekend it will be the first reunion gig of Girls Aloud.

I love that daft punk get put down on everyones lists but it never happens. would be great an all that but dunno if it'll ever happen

arcade fire werent overly taken with it when they played in 07 even though they were amazing. Id love them but not sure if theyll headline

radiohead are likely even though they played this year. also depends who gets big in the next two years. wouldnt suprise me to see dizzee up there, didnt see him last year but apparently he had a huge crowd

arsed with all the pop acts. i'm all for diversity but when you're essentially trying to appeal to the imbeciles who flock to v festival by booking the most facile, awful flavour of the month 'artists' (here's looking at you, jessie j) , it does very slightly cheapen it.

Great to see the speculation starting already :D

If I were to guess three now it would be Pulp, The Rolling Stones and Lady Gaga...

Pulp:

Pros - Absolutely nailed it on the Park. Jarvis giving hints about doing a 5th. My guess is Emily will have a big say in this

Minuses - Can't see them doing new material. Will they still be back together in 2013? Maybe it's already the plan to do it as a farewell gig?!

The Rolling Stones:

Pros - With a succession of HUGE acts doing it (U2 being the most recent example) recently it feels more likely they'll say yes.

Minuses - They'll only do it if they fancy it, that year. I think they came close this time and it didn't happen. ME once said they were the one band he didn't think would ever play...

Lady Gaga:

Pros - Would give the line-up a bit of diversity. My guess is she'll still be huge in 2013.

Minuses - Can't really think of any; maybe too many costume changes...

Other names I think will be in the mix:

Green Day - Feels really unlikely, but I think they'd do a wonderful job

Foo Fighters - I think they'd be wlikeful. I'd guess they'd likee to do it. I think it's more likely after QOTSA doing such a good job

Arcade Fire - I think they're less likely; made it well known they didn't enjoy it in 2007. Maybe the sunshine of the last couple of years will persuade them otherwise.

Eminem - Still seems a little unlikely to me but if he gets his stuff together I think it would be great (and make Jay Z look like less of a one off)

Radiohead - Mixed feelings on this one. I suspect that they're much happier doing sets like the one they did at the park rather than the idea of doing a crowd-pleasing headline slot. A 3rd straight fest (even with the gap) might be a bit much too

The Smiths/ Stone Roses/ Led Zep etc. - Never seem in any way likely; if any of themthet back together it would be for teh cash; they've had lots of opportunities to do it for Glasto