Latest Festivals News

Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Glastonbury without drugs!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
107 replies to this topic

#41 fugitive

fugitive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:15 PM

I reckon I could easily write a 10,000 word essay on the hypocrisy and condescensions surrounding this ten word sentence.

Here here!

#42 SharpCircle

SharpCircle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:17 PM

You have completely miss understood his post. Drink isn't everyone's drug of choice.

No I haven't, I understood it perfectly - I think you have though.

#43 eoinca

eoinca

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:18 PM

I feel I will probably get told I am an idiot now but oh well. I don't drink and I don't do drugs and Glastonbury is the best weekend of the year every year for me. Do what you like, I don't care; but if you don't get to do either then I'm sure you will still have a lovely time. :)

Nothing wrong with not taking drugs, thats your choice. More power to you!!

The only idiots are those who lecture others about it. If you want to take drugs, go for it, if not, don't.

#44 FluffyFairy

FluffyFairy

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:22 PM

We could easily get into a drugs 'v' booze argument. The law surrounding its use, the problems they cause or don't cause... blah blah blah

However Glasto is for everyone regardless of what your vices are. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

Have a good one folks whatever you do or don't do :)

Edited by FluffyFairy, 17 June 2011 - 04:23 PM.

#45 beadfc

beadfc

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:23 PM

Next week will be my 7th Glastonbury and, having never done drugs in my life, I am more than happy to just get hammered most days and dance around like a twat. I can assure you that without drugs, Glastonbury can still be fun.

#46 Monkismo

Monkismo

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:25 PM

I've dabbled with legal highs quite a few times with absolutely no bad effects (indeed I've done the last 4 glastos only on "legal" weed) but I went to a gig a couple of weeks back, had a few pints, a couple of cans of Brothers and had a smoke when I got home. Spent the next day spewing my guts up with blood coming out and the next couple of days I was severely on the edge. This was after smoking something I'd been regularly testing for a while which seemed fine but mixed with booze it was a different story and one that I'll not be repeating next week. I like booze and can't think of anything worse than spending a repeat of that day in a field and tent. I'm just glad I learnt my lesson in time.

#47 SharpCircle

SharpCircle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:25 PM

Nothing wrong with not taking drugs, thats your choice. More power to you!!

The only idiots are those who lecture others about it. If you want to take drugs, go for it, if not, don't.

I haven't seen anyone on here lecturing anyone, but I suppose my post was the closest thing to it so please let me clarify as people have clearly taken me the wrong way.

I am not anti-drugs, I love having a spliff every now and then, my Reading years are littered with some of the funniest days of my life due to all manner of both legal and illegal substances.

I haven't done drugs for a while but most of my mates that come with me to glasto do and I certainly don't judge, critisise or lecture, I do miss them every now and again but the missus has a dim view and I've made my bed and all that.

The point I was trying to make is that the op doesn't need drugs, there is beer available. He shouldn't fret about about it - that was it.

#48 eoinca

eoinca

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:26 PM

I haven't seen anyone on here lecturing anyone, but I suppose my post was the closest thing to it so please let me clarify as people have clearly taken me the wrong way.

I am not anti-drugs, I love having a spliff every now and then, my Reading years are littered with some of the funniest days of my life due to all manner of both legal and illegal substances.

I haven't done drugs for a while but most of my mates that come with me to glasto do and I certainly don't judge, critisise or lecture, I do miss them every now and again but the missus has a dim view and I've made my bed and all that.

The point I was trying to make is that the op doesn't need drugs, there is beer available. He shouldn't fret about about it - that was it.

I actually wasn't talking about anyone in this thread tbh.

Just a general response to the guy thinking he'd be labelled an idiot for not taking drugs.

#49 Amii

Amii

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:27 PM

Most of my group takes them, I'm not interested experimenting with whatever though. I just take a lot of pro-plus to keep me awake with them and a camera to capture the gurning and teeth grinding to throughly embaress them later on - that's all the entertainment I need :D

#50 diddly-dee

diddly-dee

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:27 PM

I might get a few -1's for this but, for me (and i recognise it is just me and i'm not preaching to anyone), Glastonbury is the one place on the planet that has so much to offer that i have no need of any chemical highs - legal or otherwise. It's the 'real' world that is so shabby in comparison that some form of chemical escapism is warranted there. But with Glastonbury, it's a magical playground that means i can happily spend the whole week straight without any inclination to smoke, snort or drink any stimulants/sedatives. It's like a health farm for me!!!!

#51 uscore

uscore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:33 PM

What I like about Glastonbury is that drugs are slightly less illegal inside the festival than they are outside of it.

Edited by uscore, 17 June 2011 - 04:34 PM.

#52 fatyeti24

fatyeti24

staying out for the summer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,109 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:37 PM

I might get a few -1's for this but, for me (and i recognise it is just me and i'm not preaching to anyone), Glastonbury is the one place on the planet that has so much to offer that i have no need of any chemical highs - legal or otherwise. It's the 'real' world that is so shabby in comparison that some form of chemical escapism is warranted there. But with Glastonbury, it's a magical playground that means i can happily spend the whole week straight without any inclination to smoke, snort or drink any stimulants/sedatives. It's like a health farm for me!!!!

i won't give you a -1.

i've been to many Glastonburys, almost always under the influence, but the last few years i have been the driver, so on Sundays i abstain.

and it's just as amazing sober as it is muntered. a complete assault on all of your senses. and what a place to be in when your appetite returns! ;)

Glastonbury is an excellent place to get cained, but it's an excellent place full stop.

#53 Wickedfaerie

Wickedfaerie

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:39 PM

Pro plus! It's enough to keep me going through the festival!

Genuine warning: Be careful; the local paper has practically weekly reports in the Court section regarding people arrested at the festival for possession.

#54 Couchy

Couchy

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,663 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:51 PM

Benzo Fury, dog shite UTTER dog shite.

Strange is I thought it (5-APB version) was incredible whilst the (6-APB version) was a disappointment & was more trippy/seeing colours.

Glaso doesn't require drugs for a good time!

True, I didn't do any last year but by Sunday I was knackered.

I believe you are referring to Methoxetamine?

Don't go near this imo.

Methiopropamine (MPA/revision aid) is very good for keeping awake (48 hours+ on a less than 1/4 gram), absolutely no buzz though but can be used fine with alcohol.

#55 pie_and_a_pint

pie_and_a_pint

Glastobatory, my dear Watson...

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:36 PM

Next week will be my 7th Glastonbury and, having never done drugs in my life, I am more than happy to just get hammered most days and dance around like a twat. I can assure you that without drugs, Glastonbury can still be fun.

This.

#56 arcade fireman

arcade fireman

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:41 PM

Glastonbury is an excellent place to get cained, but it's an excellent place full stop.

Quoted for truth.

#57 The Roses

The Roses

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:09 PM

Probably takes about 30 mins asking at the stone circle!

#58 TwistedReligion

TwistedReligion

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:25 PM

What I like about Glastonbury is that drugs are slightly less illegal inside the festival than they are outside of it.

This is what is so brilliant about doing them at the festival.
This again brings up the chemicals versus booze argument in that you are free to clown around/let loose without the implications of some blockhead in black treating you like an escaped convict just because your pupils are dilated, whilst the at the other end of the bar somebody that has downed 8 pints feels comfortable in the fact that if he happens to break somebody's jaw that night he will still be allowed in the following weekend

#59 TwistedReligion

TwistedReligion

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:58 PM

Methiopropamine (MPA/revision aid) is very good for keeping awake (48 hours+ on a less than 1/4 gram), absolutely no buzz though but can be used fine with alcohol.

I am hearing increasingly bad things about that in that it is too intense and edgy high.

Methoxetamine is maybe too far in the other though for that environment. Duller high than ketamine but maybe still too strong for a festival

#60 lea7784

lea7784

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:00 PM

Glastonbury IS the drug.

:D :D :D