Glastonbury without drugs!

Guest donshakey

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Play safe kids, legal, illegal or alcohol. Just remember that as crap as an evening is if it ends up hugging your toilet at home that is multiplied a hundred fold if you are hugging a longdrop.

Edited by pie_and_a_pint

Alcohol seems to be the drug of choice at Glastonbury nowadays though and since the fence went up theres a lot less opportunities to buy on site if you know what I mean.

Used to be able to get anything onsite. Hard or soft. Still seems to be less of the nice ladies selling hash based cakes though!

Still was a bit shocked to see a 16 yr old kid trying to snort coke in the hedge at the side of the pyramid stage at about midday on the Friday.

Edited by chemicalsuk

Yeah, I have to confess that I'd find that pretty shocking myself. I remember Reading in '08 waiting for Jack Penate to start (hardly the kind of act you'd associate with anything but clean living and nice shirts) and next to me a lad of surely around 17 started hoovering a huge line and just being amazed. Personally I've never touched the stuff and at his age not even come into contact with it, to see people so young doing it so casually was a suprise to me. About 3 minutes later he got punched in the face, oddly, not because of his drug taking, I would mention, just random reading stuff.

I think alot of people appear very judgemental on the subject from both sides of the fence. The above paragraph shows that I can be too, I suppose, but try to maintain the belief that people should be free to chose as they aren't harming anyone.

I'll be on the straight and narrow this year for my own reasons. I might have a drinkie or two though, as promises HAVE been made and it would be rude not to.

Glastonbury has a slightly more permissive air than the outside world (although not as permissive as days gone by, but that's counteracted by the fact that the world outside the fence has moved in the opposite direction) and that allows people to enjoy their evening with some of the fear removed, which can only be good, in my opinion. I think you are only likely to get in trouble if you act like a dick, although I noticed last year that even rolling a doobie can get you some stares these days.

Prozac would be about as useful as a peanut m&m, right? I'm pretty sure that it's an SSRI and therefore takes around 2 weeks of slow build up to begin having effect. Just googled and I was right. Hooray.

This is another good example of why buying pills off random strangers is a bad idea :P It's not that they might be harmful, it's just that they probably won't do anything.

I have an enormous bag full of pain medication, thanks to the fact that I'm nearly healed most of what is left will be left over. There are people who would take that recreationally and I have to say, after 4 weeks of the stuff I have no clue why..I felt like crap all day today from the buildup and while it might be nice to trip out and not care for a while, the cumulative result of these things is nasty and the side effects (nausea, light sensitivity and constipation) just make me wonder how people get hooked, I certainly don't feel like popping more to get a lift to get me past it, I feel like laying off to get this crap out of me :P

Sorry, but thats complete bollocks. LOts of the really shite pills floating about over the last few years have been coloured and vice versa.

Every pill needs to be taken on its merits. Pill reports is a good resource, have a look before you go and try and check the stuff before you buy.

Its always a risk though. Personally my days of buying from randomers are long gone. Too many bad experiences.

I've done glasto on just alcohol, with lots of drugs and with mainly alcohol but with a few less legal substances thrown in at key moments and imo the last option is the best, if you're going to buy at the festival buy early on, and preferably something that can't really be faked.

Alcohol is probably my favourite drug overall, but there is no question that other things can make music go from great to absolutely mind blowingly amazing and lets be honest, if you're going to start and 11am and finish at 4am you can't do that on alcohol alone the tiredness will hit you sooner or later. But I really don't think glastonbury needs lots of drugs, its awesome anyway, its all about getting the right balance for me, I go with people who go with grams and grams of mdma and pills and never really come down for the entire festival and while I can really see the attraction of this and they certainly have a great time I'm not sure its really worth going to glastonbury and doing this. Mdma makes all music (with bass) sound amazing, you just don't need it at glasto there are too many other interesting things to see beside spending your entire time in one or two tents, I can't help but feel they are missing out. Having said this it has its time and its place, and its certainly preferable to taking pissed off your tits and wandering around like a drunken fool for days.

Setting is the key.

I've done glasto on just alcohol, with lots of drugs and with mainly alcohol but with a few less legal substances thrown in at key moments and imo the last option is the best, if you're going to buy at the festival buy early on, and preferably something that can't really be faked.

Alcohol is probably my favourite drug overall, but there is no question that other things can make music go from great to absolutely mind blowingly amazing and lets be honest, if you're going to start and 11am and finish at 4am you can't do that on alcohol alone the tiredness will hit you sooner or later. But I really don't think glastonbury needs lots of drugs, its awesome anyway, its all about getting the right balance for me, I go with people who go with grams and grams of mdma and pills and never really come down for the entire festival and while I can really see the attraction of this and they certainly have a great time I'm not sure its really worth going to glastonbury and doing this. Mdma makes all music (with bass) sound amazing, you just don't need it at glasto there are too many other interesting things to see beside spending your entire time in one or two tents, I can't help but feel they are missing out. Having said this it has its time and its place, and its certainly preferable to taking pissed off your tits and wandering around like a drunken fool for days.

Setting is the key.