Glastonbury without drugs!

Guest donshakey

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was offered some last weekend. a mate who is going has some. he's a seasoned user and said they were the strongest thing he's had in years. £8 each though, old skool prices for old skool yokes.

i'd have got some, but im attending this years festival with my parents, and we're just not that type of family!

Off you go then......

I wasn't condescending or hypocritical, yet you have managed to be both. I haven't critisised anyone taking drugs, I've done loads of festivals completely pilling my face off. As alcohol is a legal high that is what I suggested, given I have done festivals just alcohol fueled and they've been great.

Maybe you should actually read what people post before getting on your high horse.

I feel I will probably get told I am an idiot now but oh well. I don't drink and I don't do drugs and Glastonbury is the best weekend of the year every year for me. Do what you like, I don't care; but if you don't get to do either then I'm sure you will still have a lovely time. :)

Edited by themuel

I feel I will probably get told I am an idiot now but oh well. I don't drink and I don't do drugs and Glastonbury is the best weekend of the year every year for me. Do what you like, I don't care; but if you don't get to do either then I'm sure you will still have a lovely time. :)

We could easily get into a drugs 'v' booze argument. The law surrounding its use, the problems they cause or don't cause... blah blah blah

However Glasto is for everyone regardless of what your vices are. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

Have a good one folks whatever you do or don't do :)

Edited by FluffyFairy

I've dabbled with legal highs quite a few times with absolutely no bad effects (indeed I've done the last 4 glastos only on "legal" weed) but I went to a gig a couple of weeks back, had a few pints, a couple of cans of Brothers and had a smoke when I got home. Spent the next day spewing my guts up with blood coming out and the next couple of days I was severely on the edge. This was after smoking something I'd been regularly testing for a while which seemed fine but mixed with booze it was a different story and one that I'll not be repeating next week. I like booze and can't think of anything worse than spending a repeat of that day in a field and tent. I'm just glad I learnt my lesson in time.

I haven't seen anyone on here lecturing anyone, but I suppose my post was the closest thing to it so please let me clarify as people have clearly taken me the wrong way.

I am not anti-drugs, I love having a spliff every now and then, my Reading years are littered with some of the funniest days of my life due to all manner of both legal and illegal substances.

I haven't done drugs for a while but most of my mates that come with me to glasto do and I certainly don't judge, critisise or lecture, I do miss them every now and again but the missus has a dim view and I've made my bed and all that.

The point I was trying to make is that the op doesn't need drugs, there is beer available. He shouldn't fret about about it - that was it.

Most of my group takes them, I'm not interested experimenting with whatever though. I just take a lot of pro-plus to keep me awake with them and a camera to capture the gurning and teeth grinding to throughly embaress them later on - that's all the entertainment I need :D

I might get a few -1's for this but, for me (and i recognise it is just me and i'm not preaching to anyone), Glastonbury is the one place on the planet that has so much to offer that i have no need of any chemical highs - legal or otherwise. It's the 'real' world that is so shabby in comparison that some form of chemical escapism is warranted there. But with Glastonbury, it's a magical playground that means i can happily spend the whole week straight without any inclination to smoke, snort or drink any stimulants/sedatives. It's like a health farm for me!!!!