Where can I buy flares from?

Guest Craigidge

I feel I should give my little athsma speech again.

Someone lit one right next to me last year and gave me an attack. In the middle of a massive crowd with little escape, not fun. Yes, it adds to the atmosphere and it's fun and looks pretty and you'll probably get on TV - but they are bloody annoying and I didn't like barely being able to breathe and missing Muse <_<

If you are going to use them, just don't do it when it's packed - I see no problem being further to the back, but closer to the front noone can get away from them.

Depends if they are the 'shooting' style flare or just the one you hold (or if you use them correctly, place on the floor and stand 25 metres away) ;)

After 2 got shot over the pyramid crowd last year, I realise that that type are a bad idea. All it needs is one really f**ked up idiot to think it's great to aim at the stage, or into the crowd and there could be a real accident.

Everyone wants fun and we're all adults playing out at the biggest party in the world but somethings go a bit too far.

There's enough real fire being shot into the air from all around the site which all look bloody awesome so no need to send a ball hurtling into 50000 people.

It's good to see there is somebody observant in this thread. I don't know what security would do without you!

But seriously, I think the fun police will need to be informed too. Flares are such a hazzard, I saw so many people get hurt by the large amount I saw last year and I've heard so many tall tales about how the flares have burnt off the entire arms of the people holding them etc blablabla.

I don't know how you can deny that they don't look cool. And when you find out that "Craigidge" is infact a 6ft bodybuilder I think that you might think twice about attempting to stop him getting to monday "Liam13th".

People who bring flares into crowds scare me a bit. I dread to think what would happen if they dropped it or if it hurt someone. Not really worth it for a short time of pretty light.

11 years of going to Glasto and I don't think I've ever seen anyone letting off a flare in the crowd... but seeing as people say there were some during Gorillaz I'll take it that it happens, but it's def not a regular thing in my opinion.

Can't really see the point. Is it cos it looks good on telly? Certainly doesn't add to the atmosphere - all the campfires etc are plenty enough for that, rather than watching a band through a cloud of red smoke. It can't be to find your mates (I understand that's the flag thing for some). So I assume it's to get on the telly.

Not one for complaining or banning things, but along with the giant I Love Sausage type flags, I just don't get it. <_<

Which act actually warrants a flare this year?

Coldplay? I can understand them during prodigy, that looked awesome during fire starter.

Guess the obvious choice is chemical brothers but that isn't a mad one that deserves a flare in my opinion

Flares look good from a distance but annoy everyone within about 20 meters.

Sky lanterns look good but leave bits of metal round the fields which get stuck in cows feet, oh an occasionally set tents on fire.

Fireworks look good until they start falling over and going along the ground into crowds.

The answer is obviously large inflatables to throw around the crowd, everyone loves them and they are muchos fun! Please spend your money on lots of them, thanks.

Flares look good from a distance but annoy everyone within about 20 meters.

Sky lanterns look good but leave bits of metal round the fields which get stuck in cows feet, oh an occasionally set tents on fire.

Fireworks look good until they start falling over and going along the ground into crowds.

The answer is obviously large inflatables to throw around the crowd, everyone loves them and they are muchos fun! Please spend your money on lots of them, thanks.

Had no idea they were frowned upon as much as this, are there any alternatives(by that I mean things that look as good)? I can understand people being concerned that they are dangerous or inconvenient when you're standing under one, but they do look fantasitc during the right act and the right song, there again, beauty and danger are close cousins. :)