Ziriguidum , opening West Holts on Friday

Guest KingOfSnake

If you've not decided what you'll go see to open this years Glasto,

let me recommend Ziriguidum who are opening the West Holts stage :)

Ziriguidum have brought together percussionists from the West of England and South Wales to play the modern Brazilian carnival music developed by Rio De Janeiro group Monobloco.

I have it on good authority that some members of Monobloco, who are MASSIVE in Brazil, will be paying with Ziriguidum.

For me the perfect way to kick the weekend off.

This is the sort of thing you can expect ...

If you've not decided what you'll go see to open this years Glasto,

let me recommend Ziriguidum who are opening the West Holts stage :)

Ziriguidum have brought together percussionists from the West of England and South Wales to play the modern Brazilian carnival music developed by Rio De Janeiro group Monobloco.

I have it on good authority that some members of Monobloco, who are MASSIVE in Brazil, will be paying with Ziriguidum.

For me the perfect way to kick the weekend off.

This is the sort of thing you can expect ...

Saw them play a year ago in Bristol and they were great. Miles and miles ahead of all that usual samba school stuff. In fact I notice that they're doing a warm up for Glastonbury in Bristol's Fleece & Firkin this coming Sunday (19th). Anyone in the area who fancies getting in the mood for the following weekend should check them out.

Saw them play a year ago in Bristol and they were great. Miles and miles ahead of all that usual samba school stuff. In fact I notice that they're doing a warm up for Glastonbury in Bristol's Fleece & Firkin this coming Sunday (19th). Anyone in the area who fancies getting in the mood for the following weekend should check them out.

im sure im not the only one on here who was at this gig.

i wandered down for kick off, got a pieminister and a pint (no queues), got a spot on the grass to munch and watch the show.

i couldn't finish that pie quick enough so i could get up and dance - everybody else was! Ziriguidum were excellent, really got the West Holts off to a flyer and that music was cause for some pretty sexy dancing from the ladies around me.

i wouldn't like to presume what the band thought, though judging from their Cheshire Cat grins, i think i can guess..

as starts to the day go, that was pretty flawless!

:D

I was expecting it to be a great show. But it was way better than that. :D

Brilliant start to the weekend's music. Was up and dancing right from the off.

Agree with the Cheshire Cats comment, I thought that too.

I met one of the band the day after, and he was still buzzing :D

If you enjoyed it and you're near Luton on 23rd July, Ziriguidum are one of the bands that are playing at

the Luton International Encounter Showcase.

Come and see a selection of some of the finest carnival percussion groups in the land. A night of big beats, dancing feet and caipirinha treats.

Linky -- Luton International Encounter

That was one of the best experiences of my life!

Thanks to everyone who came along to watch. We had a much bigger crowd than any of us were expecting, and everyone was dancing! It was such a great atmosphere, and yes, I probably did look like a cheshire cat for most of the performance!

I spotted someone in a green efests T-shirt near the front, who was that?

(BTW, I was the bloke in the fez at the front)

Oh, and hello to the lovely efester I met back stage. Sorry I've forgotten who you are!

Edited by windy_miller

That was one of the best experiences of my life!

Thanks to everyone who came along to watch. We had a much bigger crowd than any of us were expecting, and everyone was dancing! It was such a great atmosphere, and yes, I probably did look like a cheshire cat for most of the performance!

I spotted someone in a green efests T-shirt near the front, who was that?

(BTW, I was the bloke in the fez at the front)

Oh, and hello to the lovely efester I met back stage. Sorry I've forgotten who you are!