(People) Smugglers tales

Guest gravejr

In the run up to this years festival I keep remembering a story I heard on the train on the way back:

A guy sat with us who'd spent the whole weekend trying to get in with what looked like some quite detailed maps and plans. While he was unfruitful he also told the tale of his brother and his friend one of whom had a ticket. Their plan which it was claimed was sucessfully carried out was that one of them got in to a bag/suitcase and was simply wheeled in?

Did anyone see someone opening up a bag and letting someone out or there more bull shit to this than the floor of the cattle shed?

I have to say fitting someone in a bag might be possible but they'd stick out like a sore thumb with someone struggling to carry a bag along that's going "Ouch, ouch. Watch it will ya". While I can concieve a child getting in this way they get in for free anyway. And what the hell would happen if you got caught? I've read a thread about security being a bit lax with the drugs at times but a person?

N.B. I have a ticket with my own ugly bearded face on it and the only bag I'm taking in is going to be filled with booze.

I have heard the tale also and even heard it backed up by someone who works the gates stating that the confiscated items area is filled with drugs, ladders, grappling hooks and large bags that were used for attempted people smuggling. I read that on this forum, so if you look hard enough it at least appears to be a true story.

Edited by Spindles

No idea if this is true, but it was my back up plan should i have failed to get a ticket in the resale. Being a fairly small chap i could easily have fitted into a bag, and the loose plan was to whack me on a sack trolley, pile some more gear on top and tie the f**ker up. I reckon there would be a fairly decent chance of getting in this way.

My mates were fairly disappointed that i ended up getting a ticket, and this way would have been far more amusing

No idea if this is true, but it was my back up plan should i have failed to get a ticket in the resale. Being a fairly small chap i could easily have fitted into a bag, and the loose plan was to whack me on a sack trolley, pile some more gear on top and tie the f**ker up. I reckon there would be a fairly decent chance of getting in this way.

My mates were fairly disappointed that i ended up getting a ticket, and this way would have been far more amusing

I've just remembered that we fitted a not so diminutive friend in to a suitcase once. We weren't trying to get in somewhere though, or even going anywhere for that matter - we just tried to fit him in and succeeded.

Remember that MI5 bloke who was found in a relatively small holdall. Admittedly he was dead but it shows the size bag that someone small could get in to. Just make sure you can actually get fresh air in there.

I could easily smuggled in a person on my push bike trailer each time I've done it - last couple of years I've had a full single mattress on the top and total weight has been well over 100kg I reckon. Never been searched (reckon they look at all the stuff and go for an easier target.

However (if any security people are reading this ;)), wouldn't want to jeopardise my own entry; too conclude, she would have to be DAMN fit :P.

We have had this debate as we are taking a pull cart for kids. Once you put a pop up tent, tarp etc on top the would be plenty of room inside for soemone not too big. Taken the cart for years and never have had it searched in any way.