Morrissey

Charley333

When people say they they're looking for "better setlists" does that just mean more Smiths songs?

"Better setlist" always means "my favourite songs" so, as far as Moz goes, for most people that means more Smiths and solo singles. Heaven forbid we should have to suffer any of his album tracks or old songs not favoured by Radio 1.

"Better setlist" always means "my favourite songs" so, as far as Moz goes, for most people that means more Smiths and solo singles. Heaven forbid we should have to suffer any of his album tracks or old songs not favoured by Radio 1.

I'm quite a big Morrissey fan and have seen him twice on this tour, Dublin and Leeds. For me this tour was too heavy on the new album, both times it was 9 or 10 songs. Its half the set, just seems unnecessary for a man with such a big back catalogue. In my opinion 4 or 5 songs would of been perfect.

That said, I knew what to expect, as he does the same thing on every tour right after he's released a new album.

Edited by chewsavedlatin

Can't say I'm not miffed at Eavis pulling the Meat Is Murder film, but I don't know how far I trust Moz's version of events there. All his bleating about Eavis not caring about the environment is clearly bullshit with the amount he gives to Greenpeace. Personally, I do find the process of dairy farming quite unsettling, and sometimes feel ashamed of myself that I've repeatedly failed going full vegan, but Moz is making lots of assumptions about how the Worthy Farm cows are treated, he's got a long history of citing outdated farming practices and claiming they're current. And we know that Morrissey is not full vegan, so in the end he's a hypocrite. It seems that Mr Moz has become a parody of his former self in recent years, I find myself hoping that the man who was once my idol will quietly retire and preserve what's left of his legend.

• Upvote 1

epic rant by morrissey! and a pity he wont be back at glasto this year (or ever again)

as usual, i salute him for saying / doing what he likes, but i think he's full of shit on this whole argument.

perhaps he should focus on his disgraceful nepotism and giving his unqualified nephew the gig of directing that total disgrace that is the kiss me a lot video.

the worst video / visual portral of moz i've ever seen.

Given that we can rule out the possibility of Moz appearing at Glasto, I just thought I'd put a thought out there.

This gem of a Blondie song came up on my Ipod just after a Morrissey song and I couldn't help but think how perfect it would sound in his voice. My thinking was that he could play it as the intro part of a medley into There Is A Light like he did with subway train. Now I've got the idea into my head I can't stop thinking of how good it would sound.

What would you all make of it, if he were to play it live? Maybe on the night of the tour where Blondie are supporting him.

I love Morrissey's music and travel extensively to see it live but as a person he's an absolute tube. Even by his standards this is a ridiculous statement.

Exactly why is it a ridiculous statement?

It's hardly within the spirit of Glastonbury to censor an artist & if that's what Michael did to Morrissey in 2011 then I don't blame him for not wanting to come back.

The point about the highest milk yield is also true, why would that have any effect on the cows being 'happy'? All it means is they're over worked.

Morrissey can be a bit of a tit at times, but I think he kind of has a point with this one...

Yeah, just saw the rant on Facebook. My dream of The Smiths reforming to headline Glasto has now officially ended. RIP.

But fair play to Mozza for sticking to his guns.

I'm afraid I have long lost patience/interest in Morrissey's militant rantings. He freely admits to wearing leather, in shoes and other items, yet takes an indescribably moral high ground in his insulting of others. His refusal to accept any other stance other than that of meat eaters indisputibly being animal haters is just infantile and intellectually a weak argument. If he is to take that vehement a position then it is untenable for him to wear leather shoes - it's all or nothing for the judgemental, Stephen, I'm afraid.

sadly, it just shows him up for what he is - a reasonably intelligent individual continually exposing himself as a psudo-intellectual. He must get on awfully well with Russell Brand.

He's a tit, I'm afraid and, musically, one of my all time favourite artists. Fairly sure I'm unlikely to pay to go see him again, which is a shame - mind you that's mostly because he has become a cheesy Vegas-style tribute of what he once was. Ho hum.

Ben

It's hardly within the spirit of Glastonbury to censor an artist & if that's what Michael did to Morrissey in 2011 then I don't blame him for not wanting to come back.

The point about the highest milk yield is also true, why would that have any effect on the cows being 'happy'? All it means is they're over worked.

Morrissey can be a bit of a tit at times, but I think he kind of has a point with this one...

You're probably correct, FMS, but his vitriolic, and hypocritical militant stance, hugely reduce the legitmacy of his argument...

Ben

It's a nasty, unprovoked attack on a wholly reasonable and decent person. How could he possibly know the specifics of the running of Worthy Farm's cattle? Besides, it didn't seem to bother him in 1984, 2005 or 2011 when he played. From a man who wears leather shoes etc.

Morrissey could decimate Ghandi's character and certain people would agree though just because Morrissey's, Morrissey.

Also - that video thing is clearly bollocks. I don't think the projection logistics would allow it to be played on that stage - probably why it wasn't played at Hop Farm on the same tour either. On top of that, Michael has little operational input on the festival now regardless and I'm positive he wouldn't have been the one to say no, if indeed anyone did at all.

Edited by MichaelsBeard

It's a nasty, unprovoked attack on a wholly reasonable and decent person. How could he possibly know the specifics of the running of Worthy Farm's cattle? Besides, it didn't seem to bother him in 1984, 2005 or 2011 when he played. From a man who wears leather shoes etc.

Morrissey could decimate Ghandi's character and certain people would agree though just because Morrissey's, Morrissey.

Whilst I agree with you to an extent, the irony here is that you yourself are assuming that you know the specifics of a situation & in doing so have taken it upon yourself to post on the internet that Michael Eavis is a 'wholly reasonable & decent person' & that Morrissey is an 'absolute tube'... That's not too dissimilar to what Morrissey did when posting his article online...

Whilst I agree with you to an extent, the irony here is that you yourself are assuming that you know the specifics of a situation & in doing so have taken it upon yourself to post on the internet that Michael Eavis is a 'wholly reasonable & decent person' & that Morrissey is an 'absolute tube'... That's not too dissimilar to what Morrissey did when posting his article online...

Except it's commonally agreed that Eavis is a decent, fair bloke. You've just got to look at how he spreads his profits from the festival to say that. And it's generally agreed that Morrissey is a bit of twat. The countless stories from those that have associated with him, his never ending comments such as the Chinese being a subspecies, his opinions on the Norway massacre etc to name but 2. These aren't the words of a particularly nice person. I might not know the running of Worthy Farm's cattle, the difference is - I wouldn't comment on it for that reason.

To me there's a line in the sand between Morrissey the musician and Morrissey the person and as a person he seems a bit abhorrent. And I say that as a fan of his music that travels around the world to see him.

Also - that video thing is clearly bollocks. I don't think the projection logistics would allow it to be played on that stage - probably why it wasn't played at Hop Farm on the same tour either. On top of that, Michael has little operational input on the festival now regardless and I'm positive he wouldn't have been the one to say no, if indeed anyone did at all.

Ghandi was a massive racist though.

• Upvote 1