Morrissey

Charley333

• 2 weeks later...

Morrissey will be doing signings of the book on Thursday morning.....

In Sweden.

NB: If anyone thinks that's a joke or a dig at Morrissey etc. it's really not. I'm telling the truth.

On a serious note, I see the price on Amazon has dropped to £5.99, which isn't bad when you consider Katie Price's new 'book' is nearly double that.

• 9 months later...

i can't decide if i like it or not. probably his weirdest / least conventional album in a long time. need to give it a few more listens before i really make up my mind about it, but definitely seems to be a lot of mid-tempo moaney (...more than usual) songs, and I'm Not A Man just seems to go on and on needlessly

Edited by FloorFiller

I'd talked myself out of it, I'd convinced myself he'd lost it after stinking the place out with 25:Live and the last third of Autobiography, World Peace seems to be getting great press, I'll listen to it once I get back from Latitude. I knew I couldn't stay away from my obsessive Moz fandom for too long. I'm going to the barbers tonight, I might even attempt to get a Moz quiff again, it will work this time...

• Upvote 2

I'm a huge Morrissey fan. Went over to seem him in America a couple of months ago. I think the album is very good. Think a few reviews are being over generous. Very solid album but a lot of the tracks plod on a little bit without a killer hook as a reward. There is moments of absolute bona fide genius on it though and it's certainly 10x the album Years of Refusal is.

I'm a huge Morrissey fan. Went over to seem him in America a couple of months ago. I think the album is very good. Think a few reviews are being over generous. Very solid album but a lot of the tracks plod on a little bit without a killer hook as a reward. There is moments of absolute bona fide genius on it though and it's certainly 10x the album Years of Refusal is.

really? i thought Years Of Refusal was a fantastic album. one of his best. obviously need to give this new one a few more listens until i can properly compare but it doesn't seem as good at all

really? i thought Years Of Refusal was a fantastic album. one of his best. obviously need to give this new one a few more listens until i can properly compare but it doesn't seem as good at all

Yeah, Years Of Refusal is not quite a Your Arsenal or Vauxhall & I, but it's every bit as good as Southpaw Grammar, Viva Hate and Ringleader Of The Tormentors, definite Moz classic in my eyes. Part of the reason I was apprehensive about this record was because Years Of Refusal would have been the perfect album to end on.

i watched him at benaccasim in 2006 i think and ive never been so bored. He changed his outfit about 4 times. Who does he think he is a spice girl, with outfit changes

He was sweaty and wearing a silk shirt so he changed it a couple of times - onstage.

Though from memory he did make a weird semi-joke about Spanish people not being well educated that he had to apologise for after the encore.

damm, i loved the smiths from the moment I heard reel around the fountain on John Peel in 84(?) and stuck with morriesy live and on record pretty much ever since, but after reading that pile of steaming shite that was meant to be his biography I vowed to move on and leave him to history... Now everyone is telling me its the best music he has released in years. not fair..

thanks 'The Nal' got to track 7. ( so far ).

3, 6, 7 sound good to me.

more like a comfy pair of walking boots that exiting music but seems to be back on form.

Now, do I part with more cash for Mr Morrissey to own the music.. Personaly I still think he owes me big time :unsure:

Edited by king of carott flowers