Morrissey

Charley333

I worry that U2 fans will swarm at the front for Mozza's set and ruin the atmos...

I'm a bit wary of this happening as well ;) I wanna get as close to the front as possible but due to seeing Bright Eyes we won't get there until sometime during Biffy and by then I imagine it's gonna be pretty hard to get near the front with the U2 fans.

Then again I thought the same with Bruce and ended up pretty close.

The only idol of mine i've ever missed at Glastonbury. In 2004 i'd overdone it so much that by the sunday afternoon i went to my tent fell asleep and nothing could make me get up. Have been careful never to do that since.

Seems by the comments that I didn't miss excellence though and will definitely make up for it by seeing this year.

Morrissey then Melanie for me I'm guessing... (Morrissey - my choice, Melanie - the bf's... gotta love a compromise :P )

Hope don't have to leave Morrissey too early and miss "How Soon is Now" though. If he's on form it'll be amazing!!! Never seen him before and just cannot wait! :D

Guest blackcockerel

Jackie SR - What?! Sorry but I don't remember him swearing. That's not a very Morrissey thing to say is it? He didn't seem high either! He was just miserable. My memory may be wrong but I'm beginning to think you were at a different gig to me. Sure you're not thinking of Primal Scream in 2005?

Edited by blackcockerel

Obviously I'm hoping for a great set but after the IOW 'nobody told me I was playing' debacle and the strong possibility of charred flesh scented cross winds inducing a highly possible and typical flounce off stage I'll have a plan b. Hopefully the Park SG slot will be so good that I'll not be that bothered either way and West Holts has a cracking lineup for Friday. Tbh I've long since valued what I've seen at Glasto over what I've missed and the chance of rubbish or epic only adds to the dramarama.

As far as Smiths songs go, he's played since 2004 about 4 or 5 from...

How Soon Is Now

Girlfriend In A Coma

Panic

There Is A Light...

Death of a Disco Dancer

Stretch out and wait

You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby

Headmaster Ritual

Shoplifters

Please please please...

Is it really so strange

Cemetry gates

Ask

Bigmouth

Stop Me

Paint a vulgar picture

The Queen is Dead

Rubber Ring

And a few others once or twice. There doesn't really seem to be any pattern to what he plays, other than it's usually the same 4 or 5 per tour. The only ones that he definitely won't do are Hand in glove, suffer little children and reel around the fountain, as he's said as much. Given that it's his first tour since 2009, I don't know what to expect really...

As far as solo material, the singles from his last 3 studio albums go will mostly feature, with the odd classic from Viva Hate / Bona Drag era, one or two from Your Arsenal and Vauxhall, probably nothing from Maladjusted, Kill Uncle or Southpaw, and probably something from Swords (b-sides) - he seems very fond of these songs. Add in the 3 new songs, and based on time restraint, I'd expect something like

Smiths x 4

You are the Quarry x 3

Ringleaders x 2

New Songs x 1

Years of Refusal x 2

Swords x 1

Past solo stuff x 3

For one reason or another i've never managed to see him. Very excited, I nearly wept when the line up was announced. I think i'll find it very hard not to be overwhelmed, even if he is being a twat.

Jackie SR - What?! Sorry but I don't remember him swearing. That's not a very Morrissey thing to say is it? He didn't seem high either! He was just miserable. My memory may be wrong but I'm beginning to think you were at a different gig to me. Sure you're not thinking of Primal Scream in 2005?

It was definately Morrisey and he did certainly say it, we were so surprised. Miserable yes I agree, but at the end of the day he was there to perform / entertain. He really gave the impression he did not want to be there and didnt like the Glasto crowd.

He put on a great show at Benicassim in 2006, even stripped a bit if I remember correctly. Maybe he just doesn't like Britain much these days?

Are you joking?!!!!!!!!!

His set at Benicassim that year was one of the worst live performances I've ever seen

Guest blackcockerel

It was definately Morrisey and he did certainly say it, we were so surprised. Miserable yes I agree, but at the end of the day he was there to perform / entertain. He really gave the impression he did not want to be there and didnt like the Glasto crowd.

He did give the impression he didn't want to be there, I certainly agree with that, but I don't remember him swearing or being forced off stage

Oh yes Morrissey is the man. You either love him or hate him. He is an odd ball thats for sure but he has always got something to say and thats what makes him interesting. Oh and he is a lyrical genius.

Favourite Morrissey Songs

First of the Gang

Life is a pigsty

Suedhead

Everyday is like Sunday

November Spawned a monster

Spring Heeled Jim

etc etc

Favourite Smiths Songs.

The Headmasters Ritual

The Queen is Dead

This Charming Man B)

Still Ill

There is a light that never goes out

Stop me if you think you've heard this one before

Ask

Ah there are to many!

I will be down the front trying to touch him :ph34r::D

Oh yes Morrissey is the man. You either love him or hate him. He is an odd ball thats for sure but he has always got something to say and thats what makes him interesting. Oh and he is a lyrical genius.

Favourite Morrissey Songs

First of the Gang

Life is a pigsty

Suedhead

Everyday is like Sunday

November Spawned a monster

Spring Heeled Jim

etc etc

Favourite Smiths Songs.

The Headmasters Ritual

The Queen is Dead

This Charming Man B)

Still Ill

There is a light that never goes out

Stop me if you think you've heard this one before

Ask

Ah there are to many!

I will be down the front trying to touch him :ph34r::D

Just reading this post made me bounce with excitement!!!! I CANNOT wait! I too would love to be down the front in an effort to touch him/see him more closely with his shirt off :wub::ph34r::D

My fave solo songs are probably -

Suedehead

First of the Gang

Certain People I Know

You Have Killed Me

The More You Ignore Me...

Smiths -

DEFINITELY This Charming Man B)

There is a light...

How Soon Is Now

Girlfriend in a coma :lol:

Please, please, please, let me get what I want

Such a lyrical genius... and such honest lyrics too...

Edited by Charley333

He did give the impression he didn't want to be there, I certainly agree with that, but I don't remember him swearing or being forced off stage

This. I was there and it was not a great performance but I don't recall any booing, any swearing by Moz, or any security. I think the other poster has got Primal Screem and Morrissey confused ;)

This. I was there and it was not a great performance but I don't recall any booing, any swearing by Moz, or any security. I think the other poster has got Primal Screem and Morrissey confused ;)

Just read back and that never happened. The crowd were poor though.

Yes Primal Scream was the year after moz I think. Bobby was a twat. Surprised they are allowed back :huh: and I like Primal Scream.

To Charley333: He can keep his shirt on. Have youw watched his manchester birthday gig when he threw his sweaty shirt in the crowd. I swear there was nearly a riot :lol:

Guest blackcockerel

I asked that and he thought it was definitely Mozza! Glad to see I'm not losing my mind

Yes Primal Scream was the year after moz I think. Bobby was a twat. Surprised they are allowed back :huh: and I like Primal Scream.

He was a twat, but it was such a stunning performance by the band that it more than made up for it! Swastika Eyes and Movin' On Up were just sublime... Really can't wait to hear Scremadelica in its entirety this year!