Zane Lowe

Guest ten2doc

I freakin love Zane Lowe! When i was a kid! I used to sneak into my brothers room and listen to Zane Lowe like religiously! Like all the time! Thats how important he is! For those of you who have never heard of Zane Lowe then I can't stress enough how great this dude is! Seriously, he could come out with any old rubbish and I would go on and on and on and on and on and on and on about how amazingly dizzlin it is! Because he is dizzlin he's cool! He doesn't play anything and wax about it because they are on a playlist somewhere and he's been told to! No! No! No! Its because he really does like EVERYTHING! Man does he like everything! He likes things more than than a magpie likes shiny things! He is the magpie of radio! The music is the shiny thing people! That was a similie, some of you studying your GCSE's might know that, I didn't until Zane told me! Good luck with that! Anyway I digress away from the awesomenimity of Zane Lowe and his ability to big up anything ye get me! You feelin it! Yeah you get it!

(please litter this post with any other sub jo whiley sycophantic phrasing such as don't be bringin all your uncool up in here, or other such garbage and add many more exclimation points at you own leisure)

I freakin love Zane Lowe! When i was a kid! I used to sneak into my brothers room and listen to Zane Lowe like religiously! Like all the time! Thats how important he is! For those of you who have never heard of Zane Lowe then I can't stress enough how great this dude is! Seriously, he could come out with any old rubbish and I would go on and on and on and on and on and on and on about how amazingly dizzlin it is! Because he is dizzlin he's cool! He doesn't play anything and wax about it because they are on a playlist somewhere and he's been told to! No! No! No! Its because he really does like EVERYTHING! Man does he like everything! He likes things more than than a magpie likes shiny things! He is the magpie of radio! The music is the shiny thing people! That was a similie, some of you studying your GCSE's might know that, I didn't until Zane told me! Good luck with that! Anyway I digress away from the awesomenimity of Zane Lowe and his ability to big up anything ye get me! You feelin it! Yeah you get it!

(please litter this post with any other sub jo whiley sycophantic phrasing such as don't be bringin all your uncool up in here, or other such garbage and add many more exclimation points at you own leisure)

I'm too old for Radio 1. Didn't think it would happen, but it did.

But I had to go on an errand in my car on New Year's Eve, and happened upon a party warmup mix Zane Lowe was doing at that time. And it was bloody great.

... and on that very limited basis, I refuse to be mean about him.

And he introduced me to Hot Hot Heat.

December 2005, radio gold; a conversation between Radio 1 DJs Tim Westwood and Zane Lowe:

Tim: …what do you play at your parties?

Zane: …it's everything. It's covering all the different genre's that you guy's, you know, expertly deliver, individually and specifically. We're lucky, we get to sneak in to your record boxes every single day and steal only the finest cuts.

Tim: Yeah, I'm with it, I'm with it.

Zane: Then we marinade it, we fry 'em up, we put 'em on a platter, and we all have a big buffet.

Tim: I like your style.

Zane: It's year's of dropping rhymes, Tim. I'm all about the metaphor.

Tim: Exactly, its a smorgasbord, of flavour.

Zane: You're on the smorgasbord man, you are on the smorgasbord.

Tim: Exactly, its selected cheeses, with some biscuits.

Zane: Man, I'm rockin' some mature cheddar right now, I got the finest Feta from France in my back pocket, I'm rockin' a little goats cheese. I mean, I've even got Roquefort, Roquefort in my record box right now.

Tim: Your cheese game is strong.

Zane: My cheese game. It's all about the cheese platter.

Tim: I love how you are getting down in your little buffet of savoury deserts.

:huh:

December 2005, radio gold; a conversation between Radio 1 DJs Tim Westwood and Zane Lowe:

Tim: …what do you play at your parties?

Zane: …it's everything. It's covering all the different genre's that you guy's, you know, expertly deliver, individually and specifically. We're lucky, we get to sneak in to your record boxes every single day and steal only the finest cuts.

Tim: Yeah, I'm with it, I'm with it.

Zane: Then we marinade it, we fry 'em up, we put 'em on a platter, and we all have a big buffet.

Tim: I like your style.

Zane: It's year's of dropping rhymes, Tim. I'm all about the metaphor.

Tim: Exactly, its a smorgasbord, of flavour.

Zane: You're on the smorgasbord man, you are on the smorgasbord.

Tim: Exactly, its selected cheeses, with some biscuits.

Zane: Man, I'm rockin' some mature cheddar right now, I got the finest Feta from France in my back pocket, I'm rockin' a little goats cheese. I mean, I've even got Roquefort, Roquefort in my record box right now.

Tim: Your cheese game is strong.

Zane: My cheese game. It's all about the cheese platter.

Tim: I love how you are getting down in your little buffet of savoury deserts.

:huh: