Whats on When and Where?

Guest tiamaria

so my stewarding shift times have arrived, the visi-vest of power is being aired and re-rhinestoned, and the campervan list is now at page 3 :-)

I'll be working the Big Top (Welsh Accent, sparkly visivest, hairs in assorted colours, dances like a fool - come and say hello!) ... but I can't see anywhere who will be playing where and when?

Does anyone have such information please - it would be nice to know who I;ll see in the line of work

ta

x

Line-ups and rumours page on here gives the best idea:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/wychwood/2011/lineup.shtml

Bands run from 5-11 Friday, 11-11 sat/sun. sets are longer than at most festies.

I'm, err, stuck in the campsite - that said, I have some very fortuitous shifts....ps is there anyone on here NOT a steward?!?!?!?!

In fact I shall guesstimate:

MAIN STAGE:

FRIDAY

5pm - trav band

6:30 - 3 daft monkeys

8pm - cornershop

9:30 - charlatans

SATURDAY

11am - My first tooth

12:30 - The Epstein

1:45 - Sarah Saveloy

3:15 - Eliza Carthy

4:45 - Robyn Hitchcock

6:15 - Neville Staple

7:45 - Bluetones

9:30 - Waterboys

SUNDAY

11am - kiddies thing

12:15 - Delta Maid

1:30 - Roddy Woomble

3pm - Wurzels

4:30 - Christians

6pm - Eddie Reader

7:30 - Iain Anderson

9:45 - Transglobal Underground

BIG TOP

FRIDAY (some damn good stuff in here this evening)

5pm - Babajack

6pm - the arcadian kicks

7:15 - Revere

8:30 - Buswell

9:45 - Rook and the Ravens

SATURDAY (seems an act light - maybe one more to come?)

11am - Jali fily cissokho

12:15 - Sleeping with the fishes

1:30 - Oxford imps

3:00 - The Roving Crows

4:30 - Titi Robin

6:00 - John Cooper Clarke

7:45 - Elfynn

9:30 - Kissmet

SUNDAY

11am - Mila Falls

12pm - Handshake

1:15 - Will Kevans

2:30 - The beetroot kings

3:45 - Chapelier Fou

5:00 - Moussu T E Lei Jovents

6:15 - Baka Beyond

7:45 - ahab

9:30 - Baraka

Geo, you're right - it seems this Forum IS frequented by Stewards Only.

The other day I got a letter from Wychwood (did everyone else??) asking if, as a previous paying punter, I'd like to buy 2011 tickets. That was 3 weeks before kick off !!!

Doesn't bode well for the attendance does it - perhaps it'll be stewards and artists only..................

thanks for your replies guys -

marooned - I missed last year due to having smashed my ankle to smithereesn, but worked the Main Stage for the 2 years before that - I don't mind where or when to be honest, just glad be back on my feet and back at Wychwood ... :-)

geofelgie - looks like a likely set-up to me ... will inevitably miss some that I want to see, but usually that means I discover something new that I fall in love with ... it's all good! :-) ... campsite is not so bad, theres usually lots of friendly people offering refreshment to a weary looking steward surely!

hope to say hello there ... x

Edited by tiamaria

Sorry Banana Co, just realised this is your first year so references to no change aren't a lot of use.

The festival is small though, so you're never far from anywhere. You could have a look on Googlemaps (other mapping websites are available) the campsite is contained within the racecourse, the festival is pretty much all in the area which is covered by white marquees on the day the picture was taken.

Or just pitch up on the day, pitch your tent and have an explore - you'll be wandering around like a veteran within an hour or so (as long as you ddon't get distracted by the beer tent...)

We've only ever been rained on once in our 4 years, that cloudburst last year!! I think there was literally a very light shower one of the other 2 previous years, but we are talking 3 minutes of nothing if it was even that much. Hoping the weather streak will continue this year.....