Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Photo

East Campervan Fields

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#21 StoneCircle

StoneCircle

Love The Farm. Leave No Trace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:13 PM

I too am staying in cv fields & it's my first Glastonbury, I have heard there are queues when you go into the festival each day?

& do you also get a wristband or do we have to keep the paper ticket the whole time?

The fields are outside the fence so yes expect queues in and out as you will need to pass through security. These vary but there can be a long wait to enter on Wednesday and to exit after a headline on the Pyramid or Other Stage.

You will get a wristband fitted on your 1st entry. This will be checked each time you exit and re-enter. To exit you need to show your paper ticket and you will also be issued with a Pass Out, keep this and your ticket safe as you will need these to re-enter. :)

#22 DeadAmos

DeadAmos

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:16 PM

I too am staying in cv fields & it's my first Glastonbury, I have heard there are queues when you go into the festival each day?

& do you also get a wristband or do we have to keep the paper ticket the whole time?

We never had to queue more than a couple of minutes to get in last year apart from wednesday morning and
yes you do get a wrist band, but you need your ticket, these are checked on the way in and out
you will also get a pass out . Lose any one of these and you'll have a hard time getting back in

#23 andy_06

andy_06

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:47 PM

Ok thanks, it's a shame you can't just use your wristband to get on/off site but if that's the rules then nevermind. I think a lanyard may be required to keep the paper ticket safe!

#24 rischbrit

rischbrit

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:10 PM

There can be queues at the gates. I have been at some times and walked straight in and other times had to queue for about 30 mins. There seems to be no set busy time so it's pot luck really!!

Yes you do get a wrist band and need to get a paper slip/pass out each time you leave the site. On entering the site the next time you give this pass out to steward and show your ticket. And when you leave/enter the next time the process us repeated.

Hope this makes sense and helps!!

#25 StoneCircle

StoneCircle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:36 PM

Ok thanks, it's a shame you can't just use your wristband to get on/off site but if that's the rules then nevermind. I think a lanyard may be required to keep the paper ticket safe!

You get a lanyard with a small guide on entry, I stick mine in there and secure the top with a bulldog clip. :)

#26 Magic Bus

Magic Bus

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:51 PM

The campervan fields are outside the main festival site - so you will still have to join the big queue on wednesday morning to get in. At that point you get your wristband. Every time you leave the site to go "home" thereafter, you get given a pass-out, which you have to hand in when you next enter the site. Depending on what time you go back in - there will be a queue for re-entry. plan your time accordingly, and allow at least half an hour if there is a popular band scheduled!

Edited by Magic Bus, 13 May 2011 - 09:55 PM.

#27 theanimalbus

theanimalbus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:05 PM

We too arrived last year mid afternoon tuesday no problems driving in,camped in E19 and people arriving later and on the weds, were closer to the ped gate C than we were, .......
But thinking about it was that family camping ?

:blink:

Edited by theanimalbus, 15 May 2011 - 05:06 PM.

#28 duggie20

duggie20

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:30 AM

Doe's the milk man come around the camper van fields like he does the tent camps?

#29 rainbow girl

rainbow girl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:10 PM

We've bought a campervan pass this year for the first time - can anyone tell me which of the East campervan fields is the family one, as we would prefer that? Thanks.

#30 Nice hymer

Nice hymer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:36 PM

Just tell the stewards on arrival and they will direct you to family camping. good choice btw ;)

#31 Karmann

Karmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:39 PM

We've bought a campervan pass this year for the first time - can anyone tell me which of the East campervan fields is the family one, as we would prefer that? Thanks.

I think it's E14 or E15 - I can't remember for sure.
We arrived in family camping late on the Thursday night and the parking stewards screwed up BIG TIME. At the time we had no idea how much but in light of day they had pitched everyone tail to tail - there should have been enough space for awnings etc - not 1 camper/motorhome could have left before the Monday. Massive fire hazard and a real worry for some people. Make sure when they pitch you up they leave sufficient space for an awning etc.

:D

Edited by Karmann, 30 May 2011 - 08:40 PM.

#32 andy_06

andy_06

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:19 PM

Does anyone know if you can park 1 car next to a camper van? We've got an extra couple who want to pitch up next to us (so we'll have a bongo, 1 tent & a car). The reason I ask is the car park doesn't open until 9 on the tues so they've either got to turn up later but we'd rather all travel down together as it's quite a long drive.

Any advice would be helpful, may sound like a silly question but is there anywhere in walking distance where they could park & then move again at 9 when it opens?

#33 StoneCircle

StoneCircle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:18 PM

Does anyone know if you can park 1 car next to a camper van? We've got an extra couple who want to pitch up next to us (so we'll have a bongo, 1 tent & a car). The reason I ask is the car park doesn't open until 9 on the tues so they've either got to turn up later but we'd rather all travel down together as it's quite a long drive.

Any advice would be helpful, may sound like a silly question but is there anywhere in walking distance where they could park & then move again at 9 when it opens?

They will need to park their car in East carparks and remain there until the end of the festival, only caravans can take a car into the campervan fields.

No telling as to how far it is walking distance and if they can join you Tuesday PM as this is all down to the stewards. It was bandied about last year that you had to remain in the car parks until the gates open, yet people started queueing in the early hours. No two years are the same. :)

#34 andy_06

andy_06

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:01 AM

Ok I thought that would be the case with cars parking in the CV field.

I've been told on another thread on here that you can email & get permission to enter the CV fields from the car park on tuesday night so i'm just waiting to hear back.

2 weeks from now I'll be wondering why I was worrying so much haha!

#35 cassandra13

cassandra13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:25 PM

To make sure you have space for awning / tent next to camper get a passenger to leap out quick while you are being parked up, the stewards are usually helpful if they know how much space you need.

#36 andy_06

andy_06

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:49 PM

Ok i'll bear that in mind, thanks.

My group has come up with the idea of the 2 arriving in the car parking in a nearby village & then getting a taxi to the CV field so that we can all arrive earlier on the tuesday together.

Anyone done anything like this before or know a good place to park a car thats not too far away & reasonably safe? Seems like a hassle but its probably our best option rather than risk having 2 of our group staying in the car park all night.