Sundrive Hire (Camper Van / Motorhome Hire) Anyone Used Them?

Guest Morse Code

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you mean no longer post on this site then no; not rude exactly.

Maybe a demonstration of a lack of respect for free speech, and a commentary on the potential absence of integrity in this forum. Unless you could give some valid reason of course, such as having contributed nothing useful to the issue than a discussion of grammar.

I thought my offer to feedback whatever happens tomorrow when i call was useful (to others, not yourself since you've no 'horse in this race' as it were). Of course you are the final arbiter, in your own mind if nowhere else.

Yes I certainly misread the emoticon, although not, I suspect, the duality of the quote.

You may escape the tedium of your life at Glasto, clearly not the tedium of your mind. You misunderstand the meaning of integrity, and lack intellectual rigour.

For someone who professes usefulness on this board your posts have been remarkable only for their pointlessness. Is this a common theme to your existence? No matter, the question is rhetorical.

Edited by GlastoHoliday

Personally, I would not be placated by the fact that they haven't taken deposits from people's cards yet.

If this is a scam, then the chances are that they wouldn't announce that to the world in advance and could well be saving up everyone's card details for one big swoop.

Hi used sundrive for V last year and service was ok, had a bit of problem finding them at the actual site but motorhome its self was really good, we hired the Bolero 2 birth which infact had 2 double beds! Treid to hire a larger motorhome this year as we have a larger group going but no one going has a C1 licence so could not use them! Gutted as this year they are even delivering free over the summer and def best prices...

So, just to clarify, nobody on this thread has actually had an issue with this company?

I am not worried about the website as it is quite common for companies to pull through info from other sites, particularly if linked content. Similarly, I am unconcerned about the company not having a site full of empty vans waiting to be booked out as it is common for rental companies to keep overheads down by operating more as an intermediary broker through a virtual office than as an owner of the vehicles. What I do want to know is if anyone has had an experience where the van has not been delivered, too much money was taken, the product did not meet the description, etc (other than if the vehicle was in an accident which could result in it no longer being available).

Interested to hear of anything concrete rather than just the concern that we are all experiencing to varying degrees about this company's reliability.

Amazzzzzzzzzzzzzing!! :lol:

PS I have a work background of working closely with fraud for a blue chip company within the travel industry.

Having read this and other threads my gut instinct is 'Save you money and book elsewhere.'

1st time posters you are doing the company more damage IF and that is a big IF they are genuine.

LOL. Actual LOL. As soon as I read your previous post I scrolled down to see who posted next and I thought you'd made GlastoHoliday up as a real company name! Jesus. Is their chief exec. George Abdwgengo? He needs your sort code and account number because there is a pigeon in their bank vault!

Edited by StoneCircle

I like the fact that they're offering a T5 van for more than a Splitty! What a gang of actual mekons. They don't even know what they're selling.

Seriously, guys and gals of EFests - if something looks good enough to be true - it is.

They're renting out a 150k Monaco motorhome for 840 a week? Behave.

Edited by Superscally

Hello everyone,

I've been reading this post with interest as I'm looking for a campervan for Glasto. My partner who is a Street girl (the town by Glastonbury, not a hooker!) myself and our 3 month old baby are flying from OZ to go to the festival and introduce our daughter Ruby to her family. My partner has been to the festival many times and I have been to 3 with her. We would normally camp but with Ruby it's going to be a lot easier in a campervan. My question is does anyone know of any company that would still have some stock available? We were hoping to get one with a toilet but may have to be flexible with that. We will be based in Street before the festival so ideally would like to pick one up in that region. If anyone has any advice it will be much appreciated. :)

My friend just spoke with Sundrive hire there and they were more than happy to deal with his questions

He spoke to Tim

He stated to him that the address they recide from at (the below address) is in fact an office an that he was speaking to them from there

The Rural Enterprise Centre

Stafford Drive

Shrewsbury

SY1 3FE

Next, he stated that the company was in fact setup 18 months ago so to my recollection this does not match what is stated in this thread,

He also stated that if I would want to cancel the booking that would be no prob.

views?

The management of The Rural Enterprise Centre have told me that Sundrive do NOT operate from that address, and the address is used only as a 'virtual office' for them. Mail sent to Sundrive at that address is forwarded by the Centre management to Sundrive at another address.

I spoke to David Harris, sales adviser at Sundrive today.

He had rung to tell me that they had arranged for me to see one of their motorhomes. The fellow I had spoken to yesterday (Tim Harding), had passed on how concerned I was about the negative comments on the internet, so they had arranged it with one of their customers.

He told me the sales team are physically based in Shrewsbury, and they have a number of depots around the country. He says the nearest to Birmingham is Stoke, but because they are near fully booked there is no guarantee of how many motorhomes would be onsite at any one time.

He did say he was happy for anyone to ring them and he would make the same offer to arrange to see their motorhome(s). If anyone is concerned enough I guess they should go to Shrewsbury and speak to them face to face, or speak to DH about viewing one.

I didnt't take him up on the offer. Although really I'm not that far away. I don't want to have to worry about it, so I have cancelled with sundrive and booked with an alternative (not much more, and Mastercard have confirmed no money taken from card, and as long as I have cancelled there can be no loss).

I hope they are genuine and no one loses out...

Good Luck to all, hopefully the Glasto spirit which has been so absent on this board will have reappeared by the time of the Festi (grammar Nazis permitting).

PS Aussie@Glasto I may be able to sort a 2 berth diesel high top, £550 for the week if you pm.

Edited by GlastoHoliday