Drum and Bass at Glasto 2011

Guest moo-e

Started this thread to keep track of what d'n'b/jungle is happening (particular the late hours stuff) at Glasto 2011.

With a quick run thru of the lineup we have the following - sorry if I'm omitting things or adding artists who are on more of a dubstep/other tip nowadays.

Thu

Shapeshifter (Pussy Parlure)

Netsky (Wow)

A Guy Called Gerald (Spirit of 71)

Bizzy B (Glade lounge)

Fri

Chase and Status (West Holts)

DJ Flight (London Underground)

D-Bridge (London Underground)

SP:MC (hosting the evening @ London Underground)

Sat

DJ Void and Stella OBE (Shangri La)

Interface (Wow)

Loadstar (Wow)

Danny Byrd (Wow)

Digital Soundboy Soundsystem (Wow)

Nero (Wow)

DJ Zinc (Oxylers in West)

Dr Meaker + band (Arcadia)

Breakage feat Jess Mills (The Hub)

Shyfx & Ragga Twins (The Hub)

Dirtyphonics (Cubehenge)

DJ Storm (Magic Bubble)

A Guy Called Gerald (Spirit of 71)

Randall (Bassline Circus)

Sun

Mr Nice (Glade)

Camo & Krooked (Glade)

London ELektricity (Glade)

DJ Fresh (Oxylers In West)

Photek (Oxylers In West)

Pendulum (Pyramid)

Subfocus & ID (Oxylers In West)

Calyx & Teebee (Arcadia)

Unknown Day

Carnival Collective (playing loads? Theatre/Circus Field, Green Fields)

[edited to add some suggestions from the thread, Breakage, Carnival Collective, Camo & Krooked, Dirtyphonics, Interface, Dr Meaker, Mr Nice, Pendulum, Zinc etc]

[edited again to add some known dates and A Guy Called Gerald]

[edited again to add Storm and Shapeshifter]

[edited again to add Bizzy B, Randall]

[edited again to move Shy FX & Ragga Twins to Sat]

[edited to add DJ Flight, D-Bridge, SP:MC, DJ Void and Stella OBE, Sunday Arcadia - Calyx & Teebee]

Edited by moo-e

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Genuine question: Do people go to glastonbury just for drum and bass? I always thought that it was one type that added to the overall mix but I hadnt considered that someone might go just for DnB bands....dumb or what ( me that is).

Not me and I've never met anyone that has but I suppose there is someone out there somewhere. Glastos big enough to spend your whole weekend on dnb with the odd hour or two rest now and again, same as it would be for jazz, pop, rock, folk etc etc, just not metal, sadly.

You'd be mad to go to Glasto just for drum and bass or any other single genre. I'm interested in knowing what d'n'b is happening cos I really like hearing it at a festival, particularly in the open air as opposed to in a club (so looking forward to things like London Elek at the Glade).

Omitting Pendulum was an oversight on my part. Love 'em or loathe 'em they prob still deserve the d'n'b label (just about)

You'd be mad to go to Glasto just for drum and bass or any other single genre. I'm interested in knowing what d'n'b is happening cos I really like hearing it at a festival, particularly in the open air as opposed to in a club (so looking forward to things like London Elek at the Glade).

Omitting Pendulum was an oversight on my part. Love 'em or loathe 'em they prob still deserve the d'n'b label (just about)

Dr Meaker are playing Arcadia with a full live band Saturday 25th June, they have played every year recently and are meant to be very good.

Carnival Collective are 30 - 50 persons strong and do some amazing live drum and bass on a scale that you will not see anywhere else. They started as a samba band but added in live brass, guitars and vocals. They are listed to be playing on the 22nd but normally do 10 sets across the weekend in the Circus, Theatre and Green fields. They should be booked by Hospitality to play at Brixton Academy to add some extra depth to a night, I don't know why they are overlooked by large DNB promoters.

Edited by freeak

true words. think its wrong for people to say they're not dnb though, they used locks of rock and other stuff but on the whole they're still dnb, just pretty shite IMO.

Their first record is anyway, I lost interest of them when rob started singing.

Carnival Collective are 30 - 50 persons strong and do some amazing live drum and bass on a scale that you will not see anywhere else. They started as a samba band but added in live brass, guitars and vocals. They are listed to be playing on the 22nd but normally do 10 sets across the weekend in the Circus, Theatre and Green fields. They should be booked by Hospitality to play at Brixton Academy to add some extra depth to a night, I don't know why they are overlooked by large DNB promoters.

You are indeed not wrong, that lot are truly impressive and the lead bloke with the cowboy hat gets so into it. Saw them at Glasto a few years ago just wandering around and they never fail to put a smile on your face. DnB truly live. Bought their cd as soon as I got home.