2nd announcement

Guest emos

Oh dear god.

Fair enough, invite some of the better acts from previous years back, but Echo? Ian McCulloch was such a massive knob the last time I'm gobsmacked the organisers asked him back. I'm also massively dissapointed to see that Dangleberries are playing again, even though I fully expected it.

Frightened Rabbit will likely appease a fair few folk who were dissapointed with the first lot of announcements, not this man though.

On a more positive note, I'm over the moon to see Jason Ringenberg will play. That said I'm more than a bit concerned that according to your article he will be playing the potting shed. Seriously hope thats a mistake.

Oh dear god.

Fair enough, invite some of the better acts from previous years back, but Echo? Ian McCulloch was such a massive knob the last time I'm gobsmacked the organisers asked him back. I'm also massively dissapointed to see that Dangleberries are playing again, even though I fully expected it.

Frightened Rabbit will likely appease a fair few folk who were dissapointed with the first lot of announcements, not this man though.

On a more positive note, I'm over the moon to see Jason Ringenberg will play. That said I'm more than a bit concerned that according to your article he will be playing the potting shed. Seriously hope thats a mistake.

Oh dear god.

Ok, admittedly I'm one of those now dithering because of the addition of Frightened Rabbit. I love them.

The rest of that announcement is completely uninspiring. Have now removed the Bella FB from my news feed as I'm sick of reading "Bella isn't about the music" type comments every time someone dares to question the quality of acts.

I'll wait and see which days the acts I like (all 3 of them) are on but I reckon my ticket will be going begging shortly...

I've always said if I can see 3 acts per day at a festival I am happy, even if I don't see all 3 and the rest of the line-up is gash. The main part of a festival is the festival to me, so the people, the atmosphere etc but Belladrum has nothing this year that makes me want to go so will give it a miss.

Oh I don't want to go now. It's like meeting up with an old friend and finding you have absolutely nothing in common with them any more. And in my case like I've already agreed to go away on holiday with them and can't get out of it since I've already bought the tickets! Will just have to make it a farewell to Bella trip this year- although if there's anyone listening I might forgive them if they get teenage fanclub and maybe the stranglers since they have gone all 80s on us?? No? Won't get my hopes up, it's more likely they wil deviate and add some crappy 90s bands for balance : (

And the Bella website has spelt at least two of the latest additions names wrong- get it sorted, you would think you didn't know who they were??

Edited by LallyBee

Absolutely appalling. Frightened Rabbit are good but not to hold up a truly terrrible line-up. It's a very sad day for me. I think I have grown awy from Bella. And The Dangleberries AGAIN???

After joining the 'Baby Club' 3 years ago, my wife, child and I came to Bella for the first time last year and had an absolutely brilliant time! Met some great folk and drank a 'couple' of pints of Red Kite Ale, also it was a lovely sunny day on the Saturday.

I raved on about it to one of my oldest and closest friends about how great it was that I went out and bought him, his wife and child tickets for this year. He now thinks that I am a complete fanny. I know I bought him the tickets for his 40th birthday but did we really have to ram it down his throat by booking 3 'headliners' from when we were at school??

I also read on here that perhaps complacency has set in this year as I understand that Bella sold out the last couple of years, please dont do that. I know there's a recession on, but c'mon, whoever thought this lot would get the youth in are kidding themselves. Perhaps Bella feel the young team (i'm not including myself in that BTW) will turn up anyway as there is not much on offer up Inverness way? From this forum I read more than one or two are already thinking of the Aberdeen one instead. Be complacent at your peril, the young team have a strong voice and if suddenly you find yourselves being classed as 'uncool' or even an 'oldies festival' your in big soapy doo dah. Can you imagine anyone south of Glasgow even thinking about coming with that line up? Why not go the whole hog and book Adam Ant?...Stand Bella but Please Deliver!

Edited by rosco

Line up is so so crap it is unbeliveable, will probs still sell out but we ain't going this year and will probs take the family to a different one next year now as well as those who will go to this line up will most probably go again next year meaning the line up can be kept low brow, shame.

Sums it up pretty well, it is a great place to take kids. As much as I try to justify why I should go, I go to the website, look at the line up and think of shoving in two days to see Frank Turner. Seriously wonder who has the say in booking bands for Bella this year.

Sad days not even caring about going :(

• 2 weeks later...