Your all time no. 1 festival tip

Guest acripaul

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take Sambucca, Jagermeister instead of loads of beers. Decant into 500ml water bottles, light to carry round, doesn't matter if they get warm still taste yummy. Drink when infront of the stage so that you don't have to pee but can stay mucho merry! :D

1. Wet wipes.

2. Dont take a single thing you're not happy to lose/break.

3. Take and old phone handset and a couple of pre-charged spare batteries.

4. Hat/sunglasses/suncream/waterproofs.

5. Camp somewhere gentle the 1st time. I recommend Dairy ground. Its a BIG site that takes some getting used to.

6. Wheel barrow or Sack truck. Dont be tempted to use anything with small wheels or fold away barrows, they are not strong enough. Small wheels get bogged down in mud when wet and damaged on boulders when dry.

7. Set your tent up and then put what you dont need into the FREE property lockups. Including wheelbarrow.

8. If the forecast is bad then leave a dry set of clothes/footwear in you car, or in the property lockup if you are on a coach. We have all gone arse over tit when wet/muddy/pissed.

9. Leave a holdall in the property lockup with some emergency money or bank debit card. There are cashpoints on site. There is theft (not alot like the old days but it does happen). We have all lost money/wallet/purse when going arse over tit when wet/muddy/pissed.

10. Put your money inside your sleeping bag with you when asleep. Particulaly when pissed.

11. Use the clashfinder, but remember it can take hours to get from one place to another, particularly when wet/muddy/pissed.

12. Goto Brothers bar on the Thursday and drink pear cider. Its compulsory and much fun.

13. Use the longdrops. They are a bit horrific when you first encounter them, but they are cleaner and less smelly than the tardis portaloos. There are urinals everywhere for the blokes and shepees for the girlies.

14. The righthand side (stage left) of the Pyramid has far superior sight lines. But dont worry too much coz you cant see the stage for all the f**king flags. Just make sure you can see a big screen and taste the atmosphere.

15. Take wellies if forecast bad. Nothing else cuts the mustard with Glasto mud.

16. Wet wipes.

17. Wet wipes.

18. HAVE FUN....!!!!!

Edited by Tuska

Best tip.

Take a sack trolley and a roll of masking tape to carry all your stuff. Seriously, even trying to carry some beer on your back along with your clothes etc is bad enough. A trolley with all booze, food, tent, chairs etc packed on is the business.

Pile it all on, then roll the tape round till you have sealed it all in.

Then you just have a ruck sack on your back with clothes.

Trolleys, I have an orange one I got from B&Q. C. £20.

You can get around showering by using a combination of hand sanitiser on wet wipes to give yourself a wipe down in the necessary places (the sanitiser kills the bacteria that makes you smell funky). Then some antiperspirant to finish.

Some dry shampoo on your hair washed out with some water.

Take a 2L Camelbak fill it with vodka and orange, sangria ...... or whatever you prefer. Alky in the main reservoir bit, and your essential bits ... cash, wallet, camera/mobile whatever in the side zip pockets, hands are left free for holding cups of cider too :D Beauty of a camelbak is, it gets lighter as the day goes on :lol:

Take those small cellophane packs of paper tissues, handy for using as loo roll and less bulky to carry round - and less likely to go soggy if it's raining

Edited by sparklydocs

Take a 2L Camelbak fill it with vodka and orange, sangria ...... or whatever you prefer. Alky in the main reservoir bit, and your essential bits ... cash, wallet, camera/mobile whatever in the side zip pockets, hands are left free for holding cups of cider too :D Beauty of a camelbak is, it gets lighter as the day goes on :lol:

Take those small cellophane packs of paper tissues, handy for using as loo roll and less bulky to carry round - and less likely to go soggy if it's raining

Good one.

Well, I know it's boring and oft-repeated but, really, cannot be emphasised enough: Footwear. Forget the fashion wellies; you will be having a seriously limited Festival if you're sporting even the tiniest of blisters. Made a serious error with some DMs a few years back (was Macca year, too :( ) and I don't think my feet have ever gotten over it. I mean, really. A good tip for sore, aching feet though (remember how the very soles of your feet hurt in a muddy year?)is Sudacream (sp). Really cheap stuff but smeared over tired, hurting, I-can't-walk-anymore feet it can be a god-send.