Your Glasto Hidden Gem Performance

Guest One Tonne Baby

What has been your best Glasto 'find' band wise. Maybe someone you only watched because of a mate, or it just so happens you were walking past at the time. Someone that you liked/loved but didnt know a lot about before seeing them.

for me, last year was my first Glasto and we didnt know what to do so we looked at the lineup at the time and decided to go to west holts to see The Phenomenal Handclap Band simply based on their name being cool. It was one of my favourtie performances of the festival.

Edited by One Tonne Baby

The last time I went to Glasto about 3 years ago, it was so muddy my girlfriend and I just couldn't be bothered walking anymore so just went in the nearest place which was the circus tent. We saw this comedy juggler who juggled to the music of Queen, sounds awful but it was one of the most funny entertaining things we'd ever seen. I wish I could remember his name.

Big band... The Flaming Lips last year. Bloody incredible!

Small band... The Operation, played twice, once on Wednesday & again on Thursday. Hoping they will be back. They played in a cafe opposite the Oxfam globe & along the path towards The Park (?) near where the 40th Anniversary Arch was last year. If anyone knows what this venue was called I would love to find out!

DJs... Drumound & Simon 'Bassline' Smith. Played after a packed out Professor Green in the Pussy Parlour on Thursday, didn't think I'd get in. Their set was such a stormer, management had to close down the tent before A1 Bassline came on to let the speakers cool down.

2009 - Friday morning after the overnight rain leaked into my tent had me in a stinking mood, found Croissant Neuf, had a great breakfast and a cup of tea in a mug (heaven) and then wandered into the Croissant Neuf tent and saw an awesome Bangra band.

But the one I want to mention was 2 hours later in the same tent, Paulo Nutini. I was never his biggest fan but being 6 foot from him and his band in a tiny tent changed my mind. Very passionate about his music, loved performing and was a great bit of fun, the whole Croissant Neuf experice picked me up for the rest of the weekend.

I remember being in the JazzWorld field waiting for the Levellers a few years back. Before them was an Iraqi guy called Ilham al-Madfai.

His music was beautiful and went down very nice with a few Brothers'.

Check out his song Chal Chal Alayea el Rumman.

Sitting having a cider on the sunday at west holts last year before anded up really enjoying Tunng and The Bees, was fantastic. Pity we didn't watch all of Tunng.

Also to some extent Kele, never a massive fan of Bloc Party or at all really apart from a few singles, went along to wait for ellie goulding and had loads of fun was really good party atmosphere in there for him.

Ellen & The Escapades last year.

Stumbled across them purely by accident on the way down from the Stone Circle on Thursday night. They made that much of an impression on us that we went to watch them again on Friday (Acoustic) and Sunday (Avalon), and even befriended Ellen, the lead singer. Lovely girl she is, too.

Hoping they're there this year again.

What has been your best Glasto 'find' band wise. Maybe someone you only watched because of a mate, or it just so happens you were walking past at the time. Someone that you liked/loved but didnt know a lot about before seeing them.

for me, last year was my first Glasto and we didnt know what to do so we looked at the lineup at the time and decided to go to west holts to see The Phenomenal Handclap Band simply based on their name being cool. It was one of my favourtie performances of the festival.

Edited by Thrash D Garbage

I ended up seeing The Stranglers as my friend wanted to see them. I'm not a huge fan of their stuff usually, but in the sunshine with a cider I really enjoyed it. There's also a tent up in the tipi fields where people sing a-capella. Nobody famous, just ordinary people. I can honestly say it was stunning, a real moment of calm loveliness amongst the chaos of the rest of the weekend.