First Announcement

Guest Red Day

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, missed this thread when I was ranting earlier.

To summarise: is that IT? Seriously? Texas and Deacon Blue as HEADLINERS... are we still in the 1990s?

Aside from Frank Turner, Admiral Fallow and Skerryvore I'm completely unimpressed so far. I know it's not all about the headliners, or indeed the music, at Bella but still :unsure:

May yet be unable to attend and, at the moment, that doesn't overly bother me.

Quote from Ricky Ross taken from efests article

This will be the first Scottish festival that Deacon Blue have ever played. Speaking about the festival, Ricky Ross of Deacon Blue said, "We're very excited to be playing our first Festival in Scotland - ever! If we have played one before it's so lost in the mists of time that we've forgotten. We're particularly pleased to be playing in The Highlands in the summertim

There's a good reason why you've never played a festival before.. yer shite :)

Quote from Ricky Ross taken from efests article

This will be the first Scottish festival that Deacon Blue have ever played. Speaking about the festival, Ricky Ross of Deacon Blue said, "We're very excited to be playing our first Festival in Scotland - ever! If we have played one before it's so lost in the mists of time that we've forgotten. We're particularly pleased to be playing in The Highlands in the summertim

There's a good reason why you've never played a festival before.. yer shite :)

So That's a definite we won't be going this year now. Only Frank Turner that I would really want to see and I can see him in Dunfermline next month. My first year without Bella for 6 years ...and not doing T or Rockness. What shall we do with our summer!!

Pretty sad when you see a lot of regulars giving it a miss this year. I've had a look at the Bella facebook page and a lot of people who are sticking up for the festival seem to only see it as a great weekend to go and get pissed and the line up isn't of any concern.

I was bored on the Saturday last year because although I enjoy a beer, I have to say the bands that are on are more important to me than getting hammered, and for me there was nothing to get excited about on the Saturday.

This year the only thing so far for me is Frank Turner, and it's just too far to go and too much expense to justify for one performance. Maybe the line up will improve and I'm aware it's not all about headliners, but this year is a serious let down. Texas and Deacon Blue ??? get a grip

So That's a definite we won't be going this year now. Only Frank Turner that I would really want to see and I can see him in Dunfermline next month. My first year without Bella for 6 years ...and not doing T or Rockness. What shall we do with our summer!!

Pretty sad when you see a lot of regulars giving it a miss this year. I've had a look at the Bella facebook page and a lot of people who are sticking up for the festival seem to only see it as a great weekend to go and get pissed and the line up isn't of any concern.

I was bored on the Saturday last year because although I enjoy a beer, I have to say the bands that are on are more important to me than getting hammered, and for me there was nothing to get excited about on the Saturday.

This year the only thing so far for me is Frank Turner, and it's just too far to go and too much expense to justify for one performance. Maybe the line up will improve and I'm aware it's not all about headliners, but this year is a serious let down. Texas and Deacon Blue ??? get a grip

That.

I just can't justifty spending £90 on a ticket (and goodness knows how much on food etc) to see Admiral Fallow and Frank Turner. I'm not able to camp this year so would need to travel back/forth each day as well and it's just not worth it, unfortunately.