Latest Festivals News

Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

2012 Lineup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16753 replies to this topic

#15661 JaHawk2009

JaHawk2009

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

I simultaneously hate and love you Neil...

#15662 Yellow_Fellow

Yellow_Fellow

(◡‿◡✿)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,801 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

What the hell is happening...

#15663 TYLER_4

TYLER_4

Eon Blue Apocalypse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

Is this what strictly are planning to announce later? I guess there cant be too many 'big news' stories today :P

#15664 lharris92

lharris92

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,171 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

bet they've scrapped leeds and made it just reading.

called it!

#15665 eFestivals

eFestivals

the value of your god may go down as well as up

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,345 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

I simultaneously hate and love you Neil...

damn, I'm failing badly. :(

You're only meant to hate me. :P :lol:

#15666 thetime

thetime

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,030 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

bet they've scrapped leeds and made it just reading.

called it!

Interesting! Been thinking they will do this, but in a few years if current trends continue.

#15667 eFestivals

eFestivals

the value of your god may go down as well as up

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,345 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:58 PM

Is this what strictly are planning to announce later? I guess there cant be too many 'big news' stories today :P

yeah, cos they always have great stuff to tell everyone, such as The Cure playing the tent at R/L this year. :lol:

One day you might wake up to the fact that they're run by a lying pathetic moron who will kill his grannie to get your attention, and then serve her up up to you labelled as prime burger.

#15668 HuntingFools

HuntingFools

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

yeah, cos they always have great stuff to tell everyone, such as The Cure playing the tent at R/L this year. :lol:

One day you might wake up to the fact that they're run by a lying pathetic moron who will kill his grannie to get your attention, and then serve her up up to you labelled as prime burger.

LOL. But srsly dissertation deadline is tomorrow, and i cant work for excitement/worry over this 'news'.
This could be my 2:1 down the drain.

#15669 jump

jump

"That's what I said"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,621 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

I would of thought that a human burger would get more attention than a prime one.

#15670 lharris92

lharris92

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,171 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

Interesting! Been thinking they will do this, but in a few years if current trends continue.

in all honesty i'm saying that in jest, but i really think it could happen, like you said if poor sales continue/another reason.

#15671 TYLER_4

TYLER_4

Eon Blue Apocalypse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

ive already stated its likely to be bullshit. but like i said how many apparent big news stories can there be :P

i dont know ill just wait and see what this is all about :) hope it isnt really bad news!!!

#15672 thetime

thetime

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,030 posts

Festival website owners are so competitive....

#15673 AcademicPistol

AcademicPistol

Milk Was A Bad Choice.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

People think that Soni is cancelled???

The big news is yet to come.

Now there's a man that knows how to promote, Soni should hire you as their festival organiser. :P

#15674 DR OK

DR OK

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

BBC confirmed it is cancelled. http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/17536642

#15675 Mr Mr

Mr Mr

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

BBC haven't confirmed it, its according to what was on the queen site, which has since been taken down. Heard it on newsbeat about 6ish, they didn't confirm it and are still looking for more information.

#15676 HuntingFools

HuntingFools

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

that doesn't sound very professional of the BBC imo, surely just wait until the promoter announces it tomorrow. oh wells. Not sure what the BIG news is then?

#15677 JaHawk2009

JaHawk2009

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

that doesn't sound very professional of the BBC imo, surely just wait until the promoter announces it tomorrow. oh wells. Not sure what the BIG news is then?

Think of it from their point of view. If they are the first big media company to break the news and it turns out to be true, they can live up to the claim that they are the best of Britain. If it turns out to be false? Then they apologise and remind everyone that they took the claim from Queen's website so it isn't their fault.

#15678 RichieParf

RichieParf

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

People think that Soni is cancelled???

The big news is yet to come.

Are you pointing out that the official annoncement hasn't been made and that it could still go ahead? Or are you saying there is additional news to that of the Soni announcement? Or is this just a Neil-troll?

#15679 RichieParf

RichieParf

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

Think of it from their point of view. If they are the first big media company to break the news and it turns out to be true, they can live up to the claim that they are the best of Britain. If it turns out to be false? Then they apologise and remind everyone that they took the claim from Queen's website so it isn't their fault.

This isn't exactly a big story. It is to us, but we're the core followers of a niche website. I don't think the BBC will see this as a noteworthy journalistic achievement.

#15680 JaHawk2009

JaHawk2009

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

This isn't exactly a big story. It is to us, but we're the core followers of a niche website. I don't think the BBC will see this as a noteworthy journalistic achievement.

I think you'd be surprised how many people hold interest in something like the cancellation of a major event. Although I can see where you're coming from.