2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let's just say QOTSA get their push to headline. Who would like this? Shall we just say that chances are the fest is a sell out with Foo's alone?

i will hesitate that i very much doubt they will as efests would know by now, qotsa would bite their hand off to have the chance to headline.

Edited by gazza_20

Someone like Aerosmith or Daft Punk, or perhaps instead of doing the usual thing of letting a band like Biffy headline every other festival before Reading, give them the opportunity before everyone else (excluding Soni) especially as the R/L crowd is perfect for them as shown in previous years.

Difference is a Wembley Stadium gig only costs £50 whereas a R+L costs around £200. Plus everyone who wanted to see them seen them last year.

Kasabian didn't sell particulary well last year I don't think, they were playing Liverpool Echo Arena the other month and you could still get standing tickets 30 minutes before doors opened, even Paramore managed to sell out the Echo Arena.

I'm not saying they're poor headliners and it won't sell out, I'm just saying it's not a definite sell out as people are saying.

Someone like Aerosmith or Daft Punk, or perhaps instead of doing the usual thing of letting a band like Biffy headline every other festival before Reading, give them the opportunity before everyone else (excluding Soni) especially as the R/L crowd is perfect for them as shown in previous years.

I'm trying to think of realistic alternatives to The Cure and The Killers. So I'm gunna put these out there to see what people think because I'm not sure about some of them:

System of a Down (Just because it'd be great and they don't seem too unlikely)

Slipknot (Can't see it myself, no matter how much I wish it would happen)

Green Day (Again can't see it, they seem to prefer their own tours, but could this be their year to return?)

Arctic Monkeys (Could they again so soon?)

Aerosmith (Would be a better classic band choice than The Cure imo)

Jay-Z & Kanye West (I would love it, but I could see them at T in the Park more, would they be a bit too risky for Reading?)

The Stone Roses (Would be great, are they likely to play T, V and Reading and Leeds? Foo's played loads last year so maybe?)

Metallica (Just because :P)

Rammstein have also been talked about but I think they're not likely at all honestly, although it'd be great.

If R&L had a super undercard, I'd have no issue if Biffy wether he's subbing at IOW, Download (at request though), and headlining Rockness or not.

He fits is the demoraphic and would shift loads, but I'd guess he's clearly gone for the slightly smaller shows this year as I'd almost put my house on it that he's nailed on for T/Oxygen/Electric Picnic and R&L next year.

Daft Punk we'd love but it doesn't look likely. I would love to think R&L could have got them but I'd rather they got The Cure than took too long on Daft Punk or someone and lost The Cure and ended up with worse. I think every fest wants Daft Punk though

Aerosmith i kinda agree with, keep them away, but I'm not a huge fan.

I'm trying to think of realistic alternatives to The Cure and The Killers. So I'm gunna put these out there to see what people think because I'm not sure about some of them:

System of a Down (Just because it'd be great and they don't seem too unlikely)

Slipknot (Can't see it myself, no matter how much I wish it would happen)

Green Day (Again can't see it, they seem to prefer their own tours, but could this be their year to return?)

Arctic Monkeys (Could they again so soon?)

Aerosmith (Would be a better classic band choice than The Cure imo)

Jay-Z & Kanye West (I would love it, but I could see them at T in the Park more, would they be a bit too risky for Reading?)

The Stone Roses (Would be great, are they likely to play T, V and Reading and Leeds? Foo's played loads last year so maybe?)

Metallica (Just because :P)

Rammstein have also been talked about but I think they're not likely at all honestly, although it'd be great.