2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

Nope, not yet, tho hopefully I'm starting to zoom in on things. I've had a little bit more info this week (that might have me eating some previous words :lol:), but nothing that I feel is of great enough substance to share as yet.

The only one I feel there's a more than decent likelihood for is the foos.

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FRIDAY

MAIN STAGE

Foo Fighters

Biffy Clyro

No Doubt

Incubus

You Me At Six

Bowling For Soup

Less Than Jake

Silverstein

Airbourne

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

Chase & Status

Magnetic Man

SATURDAY

MAIN STAGE

Jay-Z

Pendulum

Lostprophets

The Gaslight Anthem

Rancid

All Time Low

Billy Talent

Twin Atlantic

Streetlight Manifesto

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

Two Door Cinema Club

The Wombats

SUNDAY

MAIN STAGE

The Killers

Stereophonics

Death Cab For Cutie

Vampire Weekend

White Lies

Bombay Bicycle Club

The Naked And Famous

Blood Red Shoes

Girls

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

Placebo

The Subways

It's looking possible for them or green day. There's only two headline bands that I've seen people mention as R&L possibles for next year that Neil has strongly suggested won't happen or given other info he has believes they won't and it's these two.

Green Day, Blur and Foo's would be very strong but I'd rather The Killers than Blur as I'm not a huge fan

That would be awesome. But I agree about the undercard suffering, to a degree. I thini you'd get quite a few bands offered higher slots than they should. Yeah also about the 2 hour slot, who would get it out of those? Cuz when I saw Green Day a couple of years ago, they played for almost 3 hours :P

reckon if Billy Talent play they will move up a slot possibly since last time - played 7th last time, so maybe 6th on main or equivalent on the nme because they have a new album.

mind you saying that only if the album is a success :P

only around 2 months to go for the announcement! xD

I think there might be more money due to the lack of last years a bit and I think i vote for most n here when I say that all 3 would get a 2 hour slot and people would be happy with 9 bands on main a day if so.

Green Day would cost a shit load, Foo's I don't think would. Can't see Blur being cheap. Realistically your only going to get 2 of those at the most.

A little punt at this lol. I'm also saying Green Day cause 1, fans have been predicting them and calling for them for ages, maybe old but can't think of many R&L goers that would not love it. 2, Neil made very strong claim a mere 2 days ago that Blur ARE playing Hyde Park - which would pretty much rule them out. It's in fairness safer to say we've got an exclusive in whichever way if they were playing a Scottish fest eg, last year than if they were playing a big outdoor venue where they'd get at least the time at a fest.

Foo's, The Killers - 1hr 30 slot, Green Day - UK Fest Exclusive

Edited by gazza_20

I think the 2 hour slot would got to Foos simply because of the anniversary.

I can see Green Day easily costing £1million + and the same with Blur. Foos won't be as much as they have done quite a few shows lately and so don't have the same buzz of an 'exclusive' around them.

As gazza mentioned their profit margin last year would have been very high, however FR will still want to make a profit this year. I can see Bloc Party/Killers headlining alongside Green Day and Foo fighters.

I think the 2 hour slot would got to Foos simply because of the anniversary.

I can see Green Day easily costing £1million + and the same with Blur. Foos won't be as much as they have done quite a few shows lately and so don't have the same buzz of an 'exclusive' around them.

As gazza mentioned their profit margin last year would have been very high, however FR will still want to make a profit this year. I can see Bloc Party/Killers headlining alongside Green Day and Foo fighters.

I hope its Green Day, like you've all said, fans have been calling for them for years and years and they would go down so well. If Blur and Foo's are also there then I'd be perfectly alright with them all getting 2 hour slots and there only being 8 bands in the main stage each day :)

some things I do and some things I don't, some things are what I think and some things are what others tell me. And some things that I'm told are too laughable to share, while other things aren't always appropriate to share without giving too much away for where it's been heard from. And everything in between.

What i'm saying is that when I've got something to say I'm quite happy to say it (as plenty can testify :lol:), but when I've not got anything further to say no one is going to drag it out of me. :)