2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justice just announced a world tour, coming to the UK in February to play academy's.

Reckon they'd be back over here during summer to play a few fests?I could see them high up on NME, a slot or two higher than last time they played (3rd down in 08 i think?)

http://www.mixmag.ne...unce-world-tour

Edited by thesecretingredientiscrime

Most of those uk dates have already sold out, as they are part of the NME Awards shows which were announced two or three weeks ago, and due to the NME connection, they're probably even more likely, but seem to be mainly being rumoured for two of creamfields, bestival and rockness.

As much as I want and think Bloc Party will headline next year, I can't understand why they are anywhere better than in '09 when they subbed. Unless of course they bring out some new material before the fest/ play some new ones during their set. I personally love them and I think it will happen but it does seem a bit of a strange decision to me.

So much dislike for Bloc Party? :(

It saddens me personally that Intimacy is considered to have sent them on a downward trajectory, as I thought it was quite a bit better than A Weekend In The City. I suppose the sales tell the story, though.

Silent Alarm was in NME's Albums Of The Decade list, which might be treated with disdain by some, but NME's readership is certainly of the demo that goes to Reading.

They are my favourite band, and I would love to see it happen, but even I think that for them to really deserve a headline slot they will need to have at least two of the following in their favour:

• Other two headliners are gigantic bands with solid headline experience (Foo Fighters / Green Day / Blur)

• Well-received new material out before the festival

• Exclusive, and properly exclusive unlike MCR, The Strokes and Pulp were this year

If they get two of those three then frankly I think they deserve a shot. They'll get a bigger crowd than MCR or Arcade Fire did...

PS After a bit of totting up they played to 58800 people on their last tour of England, Scotland and Wales. How does that compare to other artists (obviously I'm looking for realistic comparisons here, not people saying 'Coldplay get that many people at one gig' :P)

I think they'll need new material, maybe they won't be back until 2013.

I liked their first album but nothing after but it's easy to see, after headlining the tent, playing third once and subbing twice, drawing massive crowds at the festival and fitting the festivals demographic, why a lot of people consider them one of the next bands to be pushed up to headliner status.

READING FESTIVAL 2012

Friday Main

System Of A Down

Tenacious D

Placebo

Incubus

Rancid

Gogol Bordello

The Subways

Kids In Glass Houses

Four Year Strong

Friday NME/Radio 1

Chase & Status

Justice

The Temper Trap

Metronomy

Wild Beasts

Saturday Main

The Killers

Bloc Party

Mumford & Sons

The Courteeners

Death Cab For Cutie

The Vaccines

Bombay Bicycle Club

Dashboard Confessional

My Morning Jacket

Saturday NME/Radio 1

Lostprophets

Funeral For A Friend

Angels & Airwaves

The Pretty Reckless

Madina Lake

Sunday Main

Foo Fighters

Queens Of The Stone Age

Bullet For My Valentine

You Me At Six

The Gaslight Anthem

All Time Low

Less Than Jake

Skindred

Twin Atlantic

Sunday NME/Radio 1

Maximo Park

Two Door Cinema Club

Ed Sheeran

Bon Iver

Viva Brother

*snip*

If they get two of those three then frankly I think they deserve a shot. They'll get a bigger crowd than MCR or Arcade Fire did...

PS After a bit of totting up they played to 58800 people on their last tour of England, Scotland and Wales. How does that compare to other artists (obviously I'm looking for realistic comparisons here, not people saying 'Coldplay get that many people at one gig' :P)

Edited by zeppelin

pretty much no chance, I can still remember the leeds crowd not being happy because they didnt play 'creep' in 2009, although im sure they did at reading.

They have also said the live show next year wont be a greatest hit set and be more from king of limbs, so perhaps best suited to a festival that would appreciate them more. With the date of the optimus festival, latitude could be on the cards.

Yeah they're not really a TITP band now like they would have been before, especially if they do their proposed setlist based on The King Of Limbs and In Rainbows. I'd like them to play TITP though, ideally with more hits. I'd never heard of Optimus Alive before, the Radiohead announcement's thrown it into my consciousness now.