2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not been on here for a while.

What are the odds of Ten D playing? Or was it Neil pulling our leg as he said they would be announced after download

I was told they were playing via a good source (who got everything else 100% right) before the first announcement was made. I'd always presumed from when I was given the name that they'd be a band who were announced after their Download appearance.

So I guess it's either the case that they were being lined up to play but it then didn't go ahead for some reason, or they'll still be announced - tho that doesn't look too likely now.

That's cheating, you can't make a silly point and then say people can't jump on you because you know it will never happen! Either make the silly point and accept the criticism or don't make the silly point.

The Cure were in Germany on Saturday night, they just so happened to play some songs;

1. Open

2. High

3. The End of the World

4. Lovesong

5. Push

6. In Between Days

7. Doing the Unstuck

8. Just Like Heaven

9. From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea

10. If Only Tonight We Could Sleep

11. Pictures of You

12. Lullaby

13. The Caterpillar

14. The Walk

15. Bananafishbones

16. Play for Today

17. A Forest

18. Primary

19. Shake Dog Shake

20. The Hungry Ghost

21. Wrong Number

22. One Hundred Years

23. End

Encore

24. Dressing Up

25. The Lovecats

26. Close to Me

27. Let's Go to Bed

28. Why Can't I Be You?

Bob, we at Leeds would very much like to hear you play Boys Don't Cry and Friday I'm In Love, if you're taking requests then Disintegration, Fascination Street and Cut Here. Other than your startling omission of your 2 biggest hits, it's a wonderful bunch of songs.

Edited by The Mean Bean

The Cure were in Germany on Saturday night, they just so happened to play some songs;

1. Open

2. High

3. The End of the World

4. Lovesong

5. Push

6. In Between Days

7. Doing the Unstuck

8. Just Like Heaven

9. From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea

10. If Only Tonight We Could Sleep

11. Pictures of You

12. Lullaby

13. The Caterpillar

14. The Walk

15. Bananafishbones

16. Play for Today

17. A Forest

18. Primary

19. Shake Dog Shake

20. The Hungry Ghost

21. Wrong Number

22. One Hundred Years

23. End

Encore

24. Dressing Up

25. The Lovecats

26. Close to Me

27. Let's Go to Bed

28. Why Can't I Be You?

Bob, we at Leeds would very much like to hear you play Boys Don't Cry and Friday I'm In Love, if you're taking requests then Disintegration, Fascination Street and Cut Here. Other than your startling omission of your 2 biggest hits, it's a wonderful bunch of songs.

I did love gallows how they were in the first place, like right at the start with the demo before orchestra of wolves. The anger and explosive energy frank just gave to all of it. But im glad thats run its course now and to see him like this in pure love, well its just impressive the amount of change the man is capable of.

Even if the first song sounded and looked like he'd taken pomp lessons from justin hawkins

And loving wade as the new gallows singer, new song 'last june' out for free download on their site now is a great taste of the album to come.

Will gladly be catching both bands over the reading weekend :)

Edited by 6daviesdr

Yes they do have many good songs, but to not play either of boys dont cry and friday im in love at both festivals would be ridicolous, borderlining arrogant (no band, no matter how legendary, has the right to be arrogant). Although i could still enjoy their set if they leave out these two, some of my friends and i imagine a lot of casual fans would be left with a bitter taste in their mouth if they leave out their two biggest songs.

haha apologise for the rant, just annoys me when bands leave out their hits.

Yes they do have many good songs, but to not play either of boys dont cry and friday im in love at both festivals would be ridicolous, borderlining arrogant (no band, no matter how legendary, has the right to be arrogant). Although i could still enjoy their set if they leave out these two, some of my friends and i imagine a lot of casual fans would be left with a bitter taste in their mouth if they leave out their two biggest songs.

haha apologise for the rant, just annoys me when bands leave out their hits.