2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

They have a completely mediocre American pop-punk sound that is interchangeable with any other rubbish band from that scene, their only selling point is the annoying screeching child who fronts them. They never played that well live anyway and now they've lost half their band and are left with Hayley WIlliams' embarrassing attempt at trying to front a band on an outdoor stage in front of a massive crowd, but she has no stage presence or personality so she just makes abrasive sounds and chucks herself around aimlessly while shouting meaningless phrases every now and again. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO PUT THEM ON BEFORE THE CURE, MELVIN? WHYYYYYY?

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone posted an interview on here the other day which stated that the fact they had a female lead was one of the reasons that Paramore were booked and are placed where they are. It gave me a theory that perhaps Flo was supposed to play under The Cure, with Melvin hoping to book someone else to sub Kasabian. He couldn't get anyone, so Flo was the obvious switch & then he booked Paramore as a bit of a last resort.

A load of nonsense I've made up, but an interesting thought. Flo under The Cure would probably be a better fit...

What’s the reasoning behind Paramore being booked?

Most importantly they’re a great live band and they’ve got a new album out around the festivals so makes sense on that level. Also I like to try and get acts before the headliners that are different but which complement them. So with The Cure being a more established act someone younger , with a female singer, works well. They’re also a big act making exclusive festival appearances for us, their last UK tour sold over 100,000 tickets and whilst they may have loud detractors on forums they also figure very highly on every poll we run. This year’s marmite band I guess but there’s a lot of people who want to see them.

Personally not a fan but thats the booker/promoters reasoning

Who else is pumped for seeing Band Of Skulls? Bloody brilliant if i'm honest, only just got into them thanks to them being booked. Nice one Melv!

and how long until the next announcement or like a rough estimate for when it should be?

Just want to make it clear my post is a quote and not my views! Dont want people thinking I like paramore haha.

I understand the booker on some points but overall I think they could of took a risk with another band thats never played that high at r&l. Not the greatest booking but not the worst

Just want to make it clear my post is a quote and not my views! Dont want people thinking I like paramore haha.

I understand the booker on some points but overall I think they could of took a risk with another band thats never played that high at r&l. Not the greatest booking but not the worst

I've heard lots of people who were very disappointed by them on the mainstage at bestival last year, though that vid did look alright. Even if robert smith doesn't join them, i still think not in love will be brilliant.

Edited by Dan R