2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the big thing about seeing Daft Punk live? From every video I've seen, its just them stood there playing a bunch of CD's. I don't get that tbh, its just a giant DJ set from what I've seen. Don't get me wrong, I like their music, but I don't get the big thing about seeing them live. I don't see the point in DJ sets, paying all that money to stand and listen to a CD...

I don't get the big thing about seeing Daft Punk live? From every video I've seen, its just them stood there playing a bunch of CD's. I don't get that tbh, its just a giant DJ set from what I've seen. Don't get me wrong, I like their music, but I don't get the big thing about seeing them live. I don't see the point in DJ sets, paying all that money to stand and listen to a CD...

Wouldnt go that far but fasions change, Its so much cheaper to go into europe to a festival where tickets are cheaper, weathers better, lineups are better and are on longer(roskilde,werchter 4 days music).

The bands that are playing festivals everyone has seen them as bands tour so much more nowadays and people are like meh!Newbies at festivals baulk at the idea of paying 200 plus for a festival ticket and when you put travelling and spending money your not going to get much change out of 500 quid...ffs a holiday abroad is cheaper.

Take reading its not changed much since I started going since the mid 90s, and frankly its a bit dated. Glastonbury has stayed fresh, and then you got the festivals like bestival and latitiude which are fresh.

So perhaps they have fallen out of love with festivals, but they will fall in love again when festivals start with fresh ideas. Reading and leeds probably dont know how to change.

I really thought after struggling to sell out last year they'd have had a bit of a rethink this year. Maybe a different stage, change some of the existing ones around or something. I don't think they've even considered it, same old same old.

Dont forget they increase or have the option to increase the capacity each year. So although they may not sell out they may well be selling the same amount of tickets as a few years ago. It hasn't quite broke yet. Its getting close to breaking though.

So announcement in the next few weeks... (guessing from prev years)

You think we'll get rest of nme and either dance or lock up?

A few big spaces to fill. Saturday®/Sunday(l) low down on the main stage and 3rd on the nme stage. Sunday®/Friday(l) 4th on the nme stage.

Still got

lineup_strong_rumour.gifHowler lineup_tbc.gifNoFX lineup_strong_rumour.gifRefused lineup_tbc.gifTenacious D lineup_strong_rumour.gifTribes

Struggling to place Ten D. Can't see them playing between Mystery Jets and Blood Red Shoes. On the Sunday they would be clashing with Kaisers and/or Bullet so I think the tent would be rammed and it seems a little low (4th on nme). Does it flow if they played nme on the Saturday Miike Snow, Billy Talent, Ten D, The Cribs, At the Drive In?