2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An indictment of what's popular amongst the kiddies these days. They prefer shit like Rizzle Kicks, LMFAO, Nicki Minaj, Tinie Tempah and David Guetta to genuine quality like The Gaslight Anthem. It's been outselling Reading and Leeds for the past two years now.

People say R&L's line-ups have gone downhill over the years, but V is a festival that had Morrissey and Radiohead as headliners one year. I can't imagine those two ever playing V Festival again, their voices aren't autotuned enough to appease the current V crowd.

This year's Leeds line-up may be boring and predictable, but V's is just an embarassment.

An indictment of what's popular amongst the kiddies these days. They prefer shit like Rizzle Kicks, LMFAO, Nicki Minaj, Tinie Tempah and David Guetta to genuine quality like The Gaslight Anthem. It's been outselling Reading and Leeds for the past two years now.

People say R&L's line-ups have gone downhill over the years, but V is a festival that had Morrissey and Radiohead as headliners one year. I can't imagine those two ever playing V Festival again, their voices aren't autotuned enough to appease the current V crowd.

This year's Leeds line-up may be boring and predictable, but V's is just an embarassment.

The crowd will wish ian brown was autotuned.

Im unsure if you can call v an ambarrasment, this is the market there catering for and sells very well. So the market there aiming at is still holding firm, its r&l which isnt. In my younger days used ot love to go to v and then comeback, wash clothes and then head of to reading...It takes something special to get back to either nowadays, cant see me ever going back to v and leeds has the cure which for me is very very very special.

Edited by VCK

Anyone thinking that Tenacious D won't turn up at R&L now due to the announced UK Dates they have? Can't see R&L letting them put on two Brixton dates which aren't cheap either and in which if people are willing to pay that, quite probably some won't care about R&L or at least that day.

I'm thinking The Vaccines obvs are 3rd, Enter Shikari push to 4th, I was thinking Ten D between Vaccines and Shikari but it doesn't make sense for Shiklari to play the same slot as last year on a new very much seemingly liked album. I reckon Kasabian will get usual 1hr 30 and Flo will get a bit of a longer set with just 9 bands playing that day.

I reckon it's a Billy Talent/The Vaccines clash and a Miike Snow mainly clash with Enter Shikari. Thought I'd have thought Billy clashing with Enter would suit more but I guess The Vaccines being more mainstream. Either way, I'm not missing Enter Shikari or The Vaccines and if TD are not playing then it makes by Download ticket worth buying even moreso

Anyone thinking that Tenacious D won't turn up at R&L now due to the announced UK Dates they have? Can't see R&L letting them put on two Brixton dates which aren't cheap either and in which if people are willing to pay that, quite probably some won't care about R&L or at least that day.

people have been suggesting that since those dates were announced. deleted the rest of the post because it was irrelevant gibberish.

if you read what Neil has posted earlier on (can't remember when) he said that the info about TD came before they announced their own gigs, but he still stands by the info he got even though things may have changed.

and while i'm here i may as well say this also:

BOOK InMe NOW!!

i don't care if people don't know who they are or if they dislike the new album they are always amazing live.

seen them 3 times, the latest on tuesday and it was epic. so epic in fact i'm seeing them again tonight (saturday)

Especially since soni isn't going ahead, they are probably looking for a fest to do.

PUT THEM HEADLINING FR TENT ON KASABIAN OR THE CURE DAY :)

/rantover

Don't beat yourself up about it, they weren't particularly special. Most people on here seemed to be more impressed with the fact that smoking a joint while listening to Cypress Hill seemed to fulfill some sort of lifelong dream rather than whether they were any good or not.