2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

If Sonisphere is gone for good, could this mean Reading bringing back more heavy acts? With Sonisphere out of the picture, and thus more rock/metal bands available and a whole target audience now left with just Download, it might open the door for Reading to lean a bit more in that direction again...

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't shoot me down for this friend of a friend info but... A manager at my work just told me her friend who works for one of the ticketing agencies said that the tickets for Leeds are barely selling. Very worrying, I go mainly cos I live here, I wouldn't make the trip to Reading.

Don't shoot me down for this friend of a friend info but... A manager at my work just told me her friend who works for one of the ticketing agencies said that the tickets for Leeds are barely selling. Very worrying, I go mainly cos I live here, I wouldn't make the trip to Reading.

Cancelling Leeds now would be an almighty fuck up. The bands would be pissed off, some might pull out Reading etc. Also haven't FR increased the capacity?

If there is another UK festival about to be cancelled, i would put my money on T in the Park.

I'm getting annoyed at the number of people (NME, Strictly Reading among them) who are including glastonbury among the year's cancelled festivals in their reports on Soni. Taking a year off, as Glastonbury has always done every few years, is very different to cancellation.

I'm getting annoyed at the number of people (NME, Strictly Reading among them) who are including glastonbury among the year's cancelled festivals in their reports on Soni. Taking a year off, as Glastonbury has always done every few years, is very different to cancellation.

if you read shit places you get shit news. ;)

Its hard to see LN or FR cancelling a festival when some of the top level staff are on their high horse about soni getting cancelled. Although it wouldn't surprise me if they scaled back leeds. Reading and Leeds is FR flagship event it would be a really hard decision to make.

I think soon we'll see LN festivals and FR festivals coming under one 'department' within the company. It would be cost saving and more productive