2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realise about 10 people have already answered this so I'm not even sure why I am (but 9 pints and a bottle of wine have convinced me too anyway) but I wanted to see them at Reading last year based on only hearing Pumped Up Kicks, so it must have been :)

I think they might play a bit higher as well only because of their placements at other fests. I wouldn't think they would be that popular with your average R+L goer though so I'm not sure whether melvin would take a risk and put them as third down or above.

Refused are screaming lock up stage headliners but from where else they're playing it seems they'll play much much higher than that.

I think Lana Del Rey is way too big for the FR tent and putting her in there would be seriously unsafe. Foster The People and Ed Sheeran are reasonable comaprisons but the difference is that they were building in momentum when they were booked/played while she has intense hype now. They both packed the tent and wouldn't headline it now, and the fact that Lana Del Rey isn't expected to make many live appearances between now and the festival would mean that interest in her would br far too much for that small tent.

Edited by mrtourette

The V line-up is piss-poor, although as rightly pointed out it's for their market and will probably sell out. It's interesting that while R&L has to deal with less reliance on heavy rock/metal bands year by year V is racing even faster towards to pop end of the scale and there's more seperation between V and R&L every year.

I only expected to see Ben Howard, The Ting Tings and The Enemy at R&L, obviously acts like The Stone Roses, The Killers, Ed Sheeran and Frank Turner could cross over they were always more likely to play V this year.

As predicted the most interesting thing are the omissions of Florence andjust in case FR got the itch to go down that awful route.

Edited by mrtourette