Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Hart Attack

2012 Lineup

Does anyone think Eminem could be one of the headliners? Cuz he would deffo seem the type to book a whole hotel out (although I think that's being looked into too much). I've heard mixed reviews of his T show a couple of years ago but his V set was apparently very decent.

Does anyone think Eminem could be one of the headliners? Cuz he would deffo seem the type to book a whole hotel out (although I think that's being looked into too much). I've heard mixed reviews of his T show a couple of years ago but his V set was apparently very decent.

That is a shame about Maccabees headlining NME from my POV (unless they play opposite Jay-Z or something), will probably end up missing them to see Foo Fighters or whoever on the main...

It makes sense, but it does show the dearth of new bands coming through when the Maccabees can headline the NME stage though (and I say that as a big fan of them!). Where is the next Bloc Party or Kasabian or Klaxons coming through to top it after just an album (and don't say Beady Eye...)?

Where is the next Bloc Party or Kasabian or Klaxons coming through to top it after just an album (and don't say Beady Eye...)?

Yeah, I suppose if Mumfords had come back last year then headlining the tent would've fitted pretty well (although if they'd played opposite MCR then people would have died in there).

I really like Pelican so might put the effort in & get a few of their albums off eBay. I have a really bad habit of just keeping singles in my itunes library unless its a mix CD or my old nu-metal from when I was a teen & didn't have the internet.

No ones even thought about bjork as nme headliner, curveball maybe.

No chance imo. R+L are alternative festivals and Eminem's just about as commercial and mainstream as it gets. I know he's played before but he a completely differ act to what he was then.

eh? You what? :lol:

Eminem has never been anything but massively mainstream.

I think back then he was seen as edgy and had some credibility (or he was credited with some for some reason), nowadays he's a bloated joke.

I think back then he was seen as edgy and had some credibility (or he was credited with some for some reason), nowadays he's a bloated joke.

the sort of credibility that had his shows back then with a big proportion of 13 year old girls as the audience, you mean? :blink::lol:

That's about the strongest definition there is of a mainstream pop act.

right, rumours.....

I promise I'll have something to say on the subject sometime today. I just want to make some final checks over some bits and pieces so that I'm fully confident that I'm saying something I believe is accurate.

right, rumours.....

I promise I'll have something to say on the subject sometime today. I just want to make some final checks over some bits and pieces so that I'm fully confident that I'm saying something I believe is accurate.

Transfer deadline day in the football as well, so a few extra F5's for me.

What's the betting the info is simply that the Foo's are headlining though? :sarcastic: