2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many young people actually go to Cure gigs? Quite a few, wouldn't say its in the majority but a good chuck of their audience is under 25 and since 2006, that percentage of young cure fans at Cure gigs has grown (at the gigs I've been to anyway).

The Cure's 'popularity' in the UK is maintained because of just how few gigs they play here - for the last ten+ years it's been barely one each year.

While that means they could shift tickets for the likes of Reading, it also means that numbers would be limited compared to the sorts of headliners R/L nirmally gets, and it also means that a part of the normal Cure audience would be put off by it being R/L they'd have to go to.

The effect wasn't the same (or at least, as great) with Bestival as its a more 'adult' festival.

But all the same Bestival didn't sell-out until mid-August last year - showing that The Cure are far far too small a draw compared to the normal R/L headliners who can normally sell it out in minutes after the announcement.

a question Neil.

you said you can't see Kanye being booked or similar words to that effect. Do you think Jay Z has a chance? or would their joint album kinda rule this out?

My thought is they could both be asked to do Wireless?

I guess there's a bigger chance of Jay-Z doing it than Kanye or the pair of them together - but it's a guess.

While that means they could shift tickets for the likes of Reading, it also means that numbers would be limited compared to the sorts of headliners R/L nirmally gets, and it also means that a part of the normal Cure audience would be put off by it being R/L they'd have to go to.

The effect wasn't the same (or at least, as great) with Bestival as its a more 'adult' festival.

But all the same Bestival didn't sell-out until mid-August last year - showing that The Cure are far far too small a draw compared to the normal R/L headliners who can normally sell it out in minutes after the announcement.

Maybe the band/artist in question playing leeds friday night then heads straight to reading after their performance?

Kanye and Jay-Z both have homes in UK. Considering FR let's artists use helicopters they put on to transport acts from airports and between the two site

I imagine we'll find out a lot more after the Brits/NME awards bashs when people get drunk and spill the beans...

I can't see The Cure being booked for Reading, when the same organisor could book them for latitude, and get a bigger, more appropriate crowd.

Foo Fighters will probably the only 'classic' headliner for this year IMO