2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a shame Arcade Fire got such a small crowd. One of the most talented headlining band I've ever seen at a festival. But it shows what type of crowd r/l now get

This year it would be nice of they had 2 establish headliners and a wild card. But like efests already mentioned can festival republic afford to take any risks. With last years extremely slow sales, cancelling of big chill and the opportunity to pick up the crowd that may have gone Glastonbury

Has the reading/leeds crowd really gone to glasto? WOuld of though alot of the crowd have gone to download/soni and more fresher festivals like bestival and latitude.

I cant remember reading ever changing there set up since ive started going in the mid 90s, same 3 stages. where download/soni have picked up the heavier acts and bestival especially seems to be the cool festival to go to...with glastonbury.

Edited by craigb

A shame it may be, but it only goes to illustrate the point I tried to make at the time (and everyone slated me for it), the majority of R+L goers are not familiar enough with their work to warrant giving them a headline spot. I believe the same can be said for The Cure.

Just out of interest is the Foo Fighters rumour still based of Taylor's quote to one of the newspapers in an interview from last year? Or is there something more solid?

The quote:

”We may play Reading in the summer next year, if we get through all of this run OK. Festivals are where we cut our teeth and became a good band,”

Foos have posted on their blog, and it seems they are working on their next album already and consider their tour "over" although they still have fests dates and a mini Asian tour going on this year but nothing past May.

*edit* Weird timing.

Just out of interest is the Foo Fighters rumour still based of Taylor's quote to one of the newspapers in an interview from last year? Or is there something more solid?

The quote:

"We may play Reading in the summer next year, if we get through all of this run OK. Festivals are where we cut our teeth and became a good band,"

Edited by jump

Could there be any truth in Live Nation doing a swap with Download and R/L with Prodigy and unknown R/L headliner?

Foo Fighters, Iron Maiden, The Cure/Kasabian Joint. Dont know how realistic that would be though, would cost FR a fortune! Maybe too much of a risk with R/L younger crowd?

Could there be any truth in Live Nation doing a swap with Download and R/L with Prodigy and unknown R/L headliner?

Foo Fighters, Iron Maiden, The Cure/Kasabian Joint. Dont know how realistic that would be though, would cost FR a fortune! Maybe too much of a risk with R/L younger crowd?