2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

I saw the maccabees last night in Newcastle and I asked 2 of them if they were playing any festivals, they said quite a few and that they'll be headlining the NME one night at R&L and then 3rd down on King Tuts Wah Wah Tent at T In The Park. They were brilliant by the way, should be a really good slot in the tent at Leeds!

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the maccabees last night in Newcastle and I asked 2 of them if they were playing any festivals, they said quite a few and that they'll be headlining the NME one night at R&L and then 3rd down on King Tuts Wah Wah Tent at T In The Park. They were brilliant by the way, should be a really good slot in the tent at Leeds!

They've always seemed unremarkable on record but the two times I've seen them at Reading they've been really good. Headlining the tent is a pretty obvious shout after their last two slots.

Edited by mrtourette

Bit disappointed they'll be headlining the NME tbh. Great band and their new album is probably their best. They were also pretty good when I saw them at the cockpit last year (tho they don't seem to play Latchmere anymore!). But I reckon that there is a good chance I'll miss em for a main stage headliner (I've always caught 2 out of the 3).

From the line up predictions it looks like this year will be the first for ages where I'm going to have a real struggle deciding on which headliner I'm going to see. No doubt I'll just go to the one where the rest of my camp goes.

The Maccabees headlining NME will likely see me seeing who ever is on Main (or even FR), I'm sure they'll be great but I don't know them well enough to watch a full set unless it was during the day on main where I could take time out.

From the line up predictions it looks like this year will be the first for ages where I'm going to have a real struggle deciding on which headliner I'm going to see. No doubt I'll just go to the one where the rest of my camp goes.

The Maccabees headlining NME will likely see me seeing who ever is on Main (or even FR), I'm sure they'll be great but I don't know them well enough to watch a full set unless it was during the day on main where I could take time out.

Does anyone think Eminem could be one of the headliners? Cuz he would deffo seem the type to book a whole hotel out (although I think that's being looked into too much). I've heard mixed reviews of his T show a couple of years ago but his V set was apparently very decent.

Does anyone think Eminem could be one of the headliners? Cuz he would deffo seem the type to book a whole hotel out (although I think that's being looked into too much). I've heard mixed reviews of his T show a couple of years ago but his V set was apparently very decent.

That is a shame about Maccabees headlining NME from my POV (unless they play opposite Jay-Z or something), will probably end up missing them to see Foo Fighters or whoever on the main...

It makes sense, but it does show the dearth of new bands coming through when the Maccabees can headline the NME stage though (and I say that as a big fan of them!). Where is the next Bloc Party or Kasabian or Klaxons coming through to top it after just an album (and don't say Beady Eye...)?

I think back then he was seen as edgy and had some credibility (or he was credited with some for some reason), nowadays he's a bloated joke.

the sort of credibility that had his shows back then with a big proportion of 13 year old girls as the audience, you mean? :blink::lol:

That's about the strongest definition there is of a mainstream pop act.