2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Day Out is a traveling festival that does 6 shows in 2 weeks, they were offering him £3.8million to do six festivals essentialy, £633,000 a festival headline appearence. The artical then says he decided to do 3 of his own shows in Australia instead which made 5million Australian dollars per show.

V probably paid him £1- 1.5million per date. so £2-3million in total I reckon

The money V make thats nothing.

around 200,000 tickets times £180 = £36,000,000. Then they make a fuck load from stalls and merch

Big Day Out is a traveling festival that does 6 shows in 2 weeks, they were offering him £3.8million to do six festivals essentialy, £633,000 a festival headline appearence. The artical then says he decided to do 3 of his own shows in Australia instead which made 5million Australian dollars per show.

around 200,000 tickets times £180 = £36,000,000. Then they make a fuck load from stalls and merch

Just been listening to a bit of Soundgarden and to be honest, going by AC comment about R&L, they would suit subbing Foo's down to the ground. 20 years of Nirvana and one of the big grunge bands. If he knew he hadn't got them but R&L had, surely this is a move he would do to deter people wanting to see them from Soni?

I don't think Biffy will play, when they do, they headline.

I think it depends on realistically if Mumford will play 3rd or 2nd.

So a little alternate guess of:

Jay - Z

Bloc Party

Pixies

The Killers

Mumford & Sons

The Raconteurs

Enter Shikari or similar

Foo Fighters

Soundgarden

Placebo

TDCC

If Mumford can do 3rd, them below BP, and Pixies under The Killers.

depends on where the pitch is, for example i got told by some of the people selling food that a pitch could cost way more than that.

don't know if it was true though

Correct me if i'm wrong but have Biffy not only headlined Sonisphere which is a fairly new festival, they have played TITP around 9 times and never headlined, Reading and Leeds around 4 times? and never headlined and are subbing at Isle of Wight this year so I think its a bit presumptuous to say that Biffy only headline festivals

Friday

Jay Z and Kanye West

Bloc Party

Lostprophets

You me At Six

NME:

Noel Gallagher

Two Door Cinema Club

Saturday:

The Killers

Franz Ferdinand

Kaiser Chiefs

Jamie T

NME:

Chase&Status

The xx

Sunday

Foo Fighters

Pixies

Raconteurs

The Last Shadow Puppets

NME:

The Maccabees

Foals

Correct me if i'm wrong but have Biffy not only headlined Sonisphere which is a fairly new festival, they have played TITP around 9 times and never headlined, Reading and Leeds around 4 times? and never headlined and are subbing at Isle of Wight this year so I think its a bit presumptuous to say that Biffy only headline festivals

Friday

Jay Z and Kanye West

Bloc Party

Lostprophets

You me At Six

NME:

Noel Gallagher

Two Door Cinema Club

Saturday:

The Killers

Franz Ferdinand

Kaiser Chiefs

Jamie T

NME:

Chase&Status

The xx

Sunday

Foo Fighters

Pixies

Raconteurs

The Last Shadow Puppets

NME:

The Maccabees

Foals

No the worst guess man but saturday main except for the killers isn't good IMO. sunday top 3 is a good shout but soundgarden seem like a new good choice for Foo's sub. I couldn't see Lostprophets 3rd either, not done anything to warrant the higher than 4th last time in my view but all opinions and all :)

I think everyone's been round in circles several times on the topic of Bloc Party already, but Kele's going to be on when Zane Lowe takes over the Radio 1 Breakfast Show for a week in January. Now, obviously he's unlikely to come straight out and say 'Yeah, we're playing R&L below Jay-Z' or whatever, but it's being billed as him talking about the band's plans for 2012, so there could be hints...

Haha I thought I might have been a bit out with that one :P

My point still stands, I have no doubt they could headline a festival (Sonisphere proved they could) but I think a lot of festivals will want to wait until their new album is out and how big that is before making a decision like that