!Taking kids to Glastonbury 2011!

Guest bigbilly

Just been announced today on Emily Eavis' Twitter that the Gruffalo is going to be at the Kidz Field. Thats my sons fave book that I read to him every night at the moment, his head will explode with excitement when he sees him.

Was just wondering as well, are there any food stalls at Glasto set out spec for kids i.e. cheaper meals and smaller portions, we are taking alot of snacky stuff for our two but they will def want hot meals as well. Cant really see my two eating Jerk Chicken or fish curry.

Edited by swede

Was just wondering as well, are there any food stalls at Glasto set out spec for kids i.e. cheaper meals and smaller portions, we are taking alot of snacky stuff for our two but they will def want hot meals as well. Cant really see my two eating Jerk Chicken or fish curry.

Edited by LondonTom

Has anybody got any experience of these? I was going to go down the garden trolley route but after seeing this it looks much simpler than having to kit it out with spunge & blankets then having to fashion some form of rain/sun cover for the troller (I'm terrible at DIY and making things).

The pram seems like it might be a bit cheaper too but I'm a bit unsure because it says they are only suitable for 18months + and our little boy will be 10 months come the end of June.

Another tip is that the vast majority of food places will happily do you a smaller/cheaper kids portion - but you have to ask, none of them seem to advertise it! My 11 year old always asks, and still nearly always gets! So you can get a meal for £3 rather than £7 - and the portions are never really that much smaller!

Hi

We took our 3 - year old last year for his 1st Glasto...He loved it!!

We had a 3-wheeled tyred pram with rain cover and a sunshade...Big shopping basket to fill with supplies too!

Camped in Wicket and it was fab...Loads of space to get pram back to tent and the loos and sinks were cleanish at all times!

Those bike trailer buggy things look good but the 1 thing that puts me off is the seat doesn't recline for the child/ren to have a nap...My Son hardly naps at home but he had a daytime nap every day at Glasto last year!

Another tip for you - take some dry snacks, raisins,mini cheddars etc and take some of those snack cather pots to fill up with them...Kids can't spill the snacks out of them even if they drop the pot from the pram!

Hi

We took our 3 - year old last year for his 1st Glasto...He loved it!!

We had a 3-wheeled tyred pram with rain cover and a sunshade...Big shopping basket to fill with supplies too!

Camped in Wicket and it was fab...Loads of space to get pram back to tent and the loos and sinks were cleanish at all times!

Those bike trailer buggy things look good but the 1 thing that puts me off is the seat doesn't recline for the child/ren to have a nap...My Son hardly naps at home but he had a daytime nap every day at Glasto last year!

Another tip for you - take some dry snacks, raisins,mini cheddars etc and take some of those snack cather pots to fill up with them...Kids can't spill the snacks out of them even if they drop the pot from the pram!

Apparently the missus has seen them advertised elsewhere saying that they are suitable for 12 month onwards. I had the same concern. I think it probably would be a bit risky pulling them around on the back of a bike but hopefully as we are using it as a pram it should be cool.

Have you decided where you are going to camp yet? nice to hear from somebody else taking a baby as well :)

• 1 month later...