Camping Zones.

Guest Joannah1200

This year will be my first year at Reading, was wondering when you order your tickets do you have to choose a camping zone to go in because I've heard there is different zones?

All my friends are booking separately so we wanted to know what camping zone to choose if we had too?

Thanks.

Sorry, there was a very childish thread last year where a young man wanted to know which zones of Reading were best to meet young ladies.

It got huge and the mods closed it down!

To answer your question, no you can camp anywhere there's space, the only decisions you'll have to make on Monday are whether you want to get in a day early (which costs an extra £15 each - gets you the pick of the site but there's not a lot to do) and if you're going by car which car park you want to get a pass for - which depends on where you're coming from.

Good luck on Monday and have a good fest!

I'm a Red man through and through (just look for 2-3 gazebos parallel to the waterslide in Red every year) but it depends what kind of atmosphere you want.

Some disagree but for me:

Red - Mixed crowd, partying, stoners etc. I like it as an all rounder.

Green - Bit more upbeat, increasingly as you get closer to the arena

Yellow - For some reason it's about half 12 year old chavs (who's mums likely still make them fish finger sarnies and milk) and half party folk.

Purple - A lot of twats camp here as far as the sunday goes, worst for flooding as well, good lads in parts though.

Orange - Mixed crowd again, I've camped here before and it wasn't bad at all.

Brown - Stoners, so many stoners, every tent I've ever come to in brown had stoners.

White - Familys, rah kids etc.

Just what I stereotype the camps as after visiting them a few times, don't get my wrong there are sound people in all of them and it's just my opinion, but I prefer Red overall as a place to camp.

Don't camp too near a wall or bush by the way, theres a reason you'll find loads of space. By sunday it'll be a river of piss you are camping in.

Edited by Mega Ross

Purple had the brunt of the fires last year from what I could see. Seemed the demographics were younger than other camps (compared to Brown and Red). Other than it being a bit rowdy on the Sunday it was a good place, we managed to avoid the floods (By about 3 meters!) and had a good time during. Nice people around aswell.

Yellow on some of the nights seemed abit 'downtrodden' but that was probably due to a quater of the camp getting flooded.

We're either going Purple or Red this year.

I camped in purple last year and Sunday night was madness..

highlights of Sunday were definitely:

someone shagging a blow up doll while people watched on.

A guy running around the site in nothing but boxers with a lit flare in his hands

and the mob running around screaming 'free nelson mandela'

i'll definitely be hitting it up again just for the laughs

We've always camped in purple or yellow (too lazy to show up early enough and bag spots in green) and the atmosphere has been really fun. Lots of random shit going on, loads of people wandering through. It gets a bit hectic on Sundays though, so we're gonna go for brown this year to try and get some sleep without fear of being burnt or trampled on.

i haven't been for a few years so things might have changed, basically if i arrive at about 7am on the thursday morning am i likely to get a camping spot in any area or will certain ones like green n yellow already be full??

Well the new rules on the Sunday kind of put stop to any large fires being started.

I know in Orange there wasn't any big fires, even still on the Monday morning as the idiots were setting up booby trapped tents, as soon as a puff of smoke was seen, they were put out pretty much straight away.