eFest Camp 2011

Guest Paul ™

It's that time again!!

Every year we have an eFest Camp at Rockness, where people from the forum camp together for the weekend and the banter is usually top notch. So here is a thread to arange and discuss precisely that!

Firstly, everyone is welcome.. newbies and forum regulars and no need to ask to be invited etc, it is an open invite and don't feel intimidated or shy.. just add your name to this thread and nearer the time we will sort out a number swap so everyone can find us.

There is no Front Row Camping this year, so Purple will be open to everyone this year and since the eFest Camp was there the past few years, I reckon its the best place for it. It definately is the flatter of the 2 closest to the Arena (Yellow is hilly and Red is flat too but as its near the car park then it is a further walk each time to the arena.

The map below is based on 2009 and from what I know, the campsites won't be changing that much (if at all) but when the new site plan is released a few weeks before the festival, I will update this thread.

34e42g8.jpg

Also, to help people find us in the area, I will bring the eFest Camp flag pictured below that I have used the past couple of years at various festivals. Normally we will aim for the back of Purple Camp, near the VIP Campsite Entrance from Purple. This is usually a nice flat bit of ground, has security on that entrance to VIP so always someone about (but not that close to keep prying eyes from watching!)

357fx2d.jpg

Pic Taken from Rockness Website which I just found tonight HERE

For newbies - to find Purple Campsite (see pic below)

Coach/Taxi drop off point - Head up to the camping areas and as soon as you walk into them, Purple is on your right. Walk towards the back of the field till you see the VIP area entrance, we will be near there.

Car Parks - Head through the Campsite Entrance and then walk through Red Campsite into Yellow Campsite. Aim towards the far left corner of the field where you will see the Campsite Village area. That is basically the start of Purple, then again aim for the VIP area entrance, we will be near there.

2zp1k52.jpg

Final image below gives an aerial view of the site. This is a few years old but really hasn't changed much, though there is big changes in the Nesstival and Arena areas this year.. but the campsites are basically the same. Of course if any of this changes, I will update accordingly but we will be aiming for the area shown by the arrow below.

jh3j1j.jpg

So thats the boring information part out the way!!

Am sure some of you will have questions, feel free to ask below or drop me a PM if you need more info.

Of course we hope to have another great camp, am sure everyone who has stayed in the Rockness eFest Camps previously will agree it is all part of the experience of Rockness.. and feel free people to post some stories ;)

I will keep a list of people who are definates/maybes :)

Hope to see you there

Paul ™

x

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Paul got to say fantastic thread you have put in a lot of great information that has helped me a lot. I am not a newbie as I have been going to Rockness since 09 but I will be a newbie to the efest camp if I do end up going. Just wandering what the atmosphere is like? Is everyone ok to get along with? Many thanks Samuel.

Hi Paul got to say fantastic thread you have put in a lot of great information that has helped me a lot. I am not a newbie as I have been going to Rockness since 09 but I will be a newbie to the efest camp if I do end up going. Just wandering what the atmosphere is like? Is everyone ok to get along with? Many thanks Samuel.

Cheers Paul for the help. I don't know how many of my friends are going to Rockness this year so put me down as a maybe for now and I will have a answer for you as soon as possible :). If I do go I look forward to meeting everyone and having a great weekend. Roll on June :D

Edited by pancake70

Awesome info and pics, there are two of us going so far, both RockNess newbies, i like knowing a bit more about where i am going if its somewhere i have never been before, the overhead shot is very helpful, and the directions more so! Very much appreciated.

We are in VIP (hey i'm old and need my daily shower to feel alive in the mornings :P), so its good to know you guys will be the first we meet on the way into the arena! And maybe a few more of you will be in VIP too by the sounds of it, start a wee subgroup for Efest VIP-ers perhaps :D

So we have some victims names

Definate

Paul ™

Poleski

theampersanddevil

rexclark

rachel +1

lividihard

smutch + tom + 2

coma girl + 2 or 3

lizzim + 1

fatmess81 + 1