Truck 2011

Guest This is Truck

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been many, many times. Missed the first ever one, then did 11 in a row, until I missed last year as I had tickets for Prodigy at MK bowl.

Apprently the site layout has been changed quite a lot this year, so looking forward to seeing what changes have been implemented!

See you all there! :)

I just came on to post that link up!

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/oxford

Lynz > the festival did suffer a when they lost a lot of money after the 2007 floods. Unfortunatly they bumped the prices up a lot whilst not offering much more in the way of music (they did away with the metal/rock bit and the dnb/dance got cut down to just a couple of hours on the Saturday night) , and I think people realised they could get better value by going to other festivals.

It is a shame as there is a lot of effort put into it, having said that going by the group save offer 400+ people who weren't going now are!

More annoying for the people who paid full price eh? ;)

<_<

Actually, on the middle point the doing away with the louder stuff is very much this year, and it's because the Barn has been replaced with a big new magazine-sponsored, label-curated marquee. It's nice enough, the bill there this year, but compare its main names (Graham Coxon, Johnny Flynn, Saint Etienne, Edwyn Collins, John Grant) to those just last year in the stage it's replacing (65daysofstatic, f**ked Up, Future Of The Left, Pulled Apart By Horses, Mercury Rev doing a live film soundtrack) and it does look like an arm has been cut off.

Picked up a ticket yesterday, was initially giving it a miss again but hard to resist at that price. I'd been to them all from the second one (which was £5 for 2 days) onwards up until 2008 (£60) but skipped the last two as the ticket prices meant it was no longer a no-brainer like it was when it was mega cheap as there are so many other small festivals competing for my cash that offer something a little more/different. However Truck holds many brilliant memories and it was my favourite small festival for years so looking forward to getting back and seeing

how it's changed since 3 years ago.

It's also my first time with my 2 yr old daughter, and without my wife to help me as she can't make it, which will be interesting. My daughter's a seasoned festival veteran at 2, having done Shambala, Nozstock, 2000 Trees and a few others, but I've never had to cope on my own which could prove a challenge! I'm already dreading trying to put my tent up on my own with her running riot and it's going to be a far more relaxed Truck that I'm used to but reckon it'll still be fun

Picked up a ticket yesterday, was initially giving it a miss again but hard to resist at that price. I'd been to them all from the second one (which was £5 for 2 days) onwards up until 2008 (£60) but skipped the last two as the ticket prices meant it was no longer a no-brainer like it was when it was mega cheap as there are so many other small festivals competing for my cash that offer something a little more/different. However Truck holds many brilliant memories and it was my favourite small festival for years so looking forward to getting back and seeing

how it's changed since 3 years ago.

Did we all have a good time, then? This was my first Truck and I was very impressed. The bands may not be massive names, but I didn't hear any bad or mediocre music all weekend - I thought the quality of chosen acts was very high indeed (or maybe they just cater very well to my tastes...who can say?) and the site was gorgeous. Loved having the long "corridor" down to Clash tent and main arena against the backdrop of those beautiful rolling cornfields. The people attending seemed to be generally lovely, and even the kids who pushed past you to get to the front seemed to be capable of muttering "excuse me" instead of just elbowing through as I'm used to!

Clean and plentiful toilets, good food, excellent music and lovely people; I shall def be back for more next year. £50 well spent! :D

Thought the changes were a massive improvement on what was on offer upto last year. Had a great weekend, and having the late-night stuff till 4am was great too - much better than when everything was shut down by 2am (at the latest) in the past.

Weather was good as well - im now very sunburnt from yesterday! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sad but not unexpected. Presumably, then, they put themselves as headliners on the last night because they couldn't afford another headline act...

To be honest, my friends and I didn't much enjoy the festival this year. We were robbed on several occasions from our tents (the worst being £100 nicked from my mate's wallet as he slept), and generally we were surrounded by arrogant 16-18 year olds who I'd more expect to see at Reading. I guess the cheap ticket deals led to a scummy crowd.

The line-up was pretty toilet, too. Disappointing lack of variety and honestly, Dreaming Spires are the most boring band ever to close a festival main stage.

I won't be going back but I do hope they keep the festival going. I didn't really see the need for expanding, they're obviously clever enough to see the market is overcrowded so I'm not sure how on earth they thought it'd be a good idea, particularly with such a weak line-up.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Interesting interview with the guy that's taken over the running of the festival, not sure a back to basics approach will be right for the festival. It was on a downward slide way before last year as it wasn't moving with the times, last year was a GREAT improvement and now they are getting rid of it all?

• 4 weeks later...