£rd Headliner - Place your bets ....

Guest GTG

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like PJ is playing Electric Picnic in Ireland on the 2nd. Does that make her more or less likely now, I am not sure!

It means she is performing in festival land on the right weekend, but it is in Ireland as a Headliner. Is it 'doable'(sorry about the grammar) to headline again the same weekend across the water??

Looks like PJ is playing Electric Picnic in Ireland on the 2nd. Does that make her more or less likely now, I am not sure!

It means she is performing in festival land on the right weekend, but it is in Ireland as a Headliner. Is it 'doable'(sorry about the grammar) to headline again the same weekend across the water??

I forgot to mention Tindersticks as an outside bet..... Having just seen the lovely line up for Molesey Folk Festival am slightly gutted that its now the same weekend as EOTR....but as Low Anthem are playing there it looks like they could also make EOTR, and am also hoping for Johnny Flynn

WHAT?!!

Now were you listening through the pleasure sapping compression that is CD/mp3 or the radiant aural glory that is God's Own Vinyl?! I think the production is really sparkly. And it's even good as mp3's through decent headphones...on a bike!

I'm genuinely surprised at the rather underwhelmed reponse of many of you guys to the new PJH. But only as I was a firm disbeliever pre-release and have had a wee bit of a Polly Epiphany. I urge you to persevere with Let England Shake, especially if (though expaectations are now bound to be dashed) she is announced on Friday.

I have a looming doom that it's going to be the Flaming Lips, with whom I've just never got on. Too 'clever' and ironic for their own good, but not in an endearing They Might Be Giants way. Rather a knowing, slightly novelty way. Oh man, I'm a bit nrevous now. Only way out of that would be FL for Garden with BSP announced for the Big Top at the same time. I know how popular TFL are with so many on these types of boards, so I don't want to be a killjoy!

Ben