£rd Headliner - Place your bets ....

Guest GTG

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would, however, make this festival even more similar to Green Man last year. I would love it, as the whole reason i went to Greenman was for Beirut and the Flaming Lips, but I don't know if other people would be as happy.

Edited by Arkle

Incidentally, the stage area for those Eden Sessions is roughly the same size as the Garden Stage, so I don't think The Flaming Lips are too big, capacity wise, for EOTR. But because of the Ally Pally show, Eden Sessions and Live From Jodrell Bank thing, they don't seem that "exclusive".

I'm just hoping for someone I can get really enthusiastic about. I don't think there's anyone in the lineup as it currently stands that I'd make too much of an effort to see outside EOTR if they were playing in their own right. The two headliners named so far, I'd cross the road NOT to see. In contrast, for example, I've just reminded myself of the 2009 lineup, which ticked so many boxes.

Still fingers crossed for:

Richmond Fontaine: Dan and Willy are over in July as a duo, and the whole band will be here in September, when the new album is due.

The Duke & the King: Simone Felice said they'd definitely be playing, but that was some months back

Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter: new album & tour

Dengue Fever: been playing the new album over the weekend - get's a good groove going, even if it's a bit like being in a chinese restaurant where David Lynch is head chef

Oh well.

It's funny that I shall spend much emotional energy today on the announcement from another festival, as it has such an influence on mine! This evening's Latitude announcement will be very interesting. A LOT of traffic on their forum regarding PJ Harvey playing there. we'll know in just over 8 hours, folks!

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

Decemberists seems most likely, although I'd have thought they're due an invite to the Cambridge Folk Festival.

Hoping (with zero expectation) for any of the following

John Butler Trio

Michael Franti and Spearhead

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals

Warren Haynes

Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi Band

Martin Sexton

Endless Boogie

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

Zappa Plays Zappa

Matisyahu

The Polyphonic Spree

The Brian Jonestown Massacre

The Asteroid #4

Railroad Earth

If this is the case I'd say there's an 80% chance of PJ headlining which granted would be a huge booking even though I'm not a big fan. The other 20% probably belongs to Band of Horses which is a considerably less impressive booking but would still be pretty well received on the whole. Either way, Friday should be good!

Edited by ljsawyer