£rd Headliner - Place your bets ....

Guest GTG

Bugger! How do you edit the thread title?!?

3rd Headliner, then .....

So, it's a '2011 UK Festival Exclusive' (which thankfully seems to rule out Interpol, but sadly Polly Harvey too.

Has anybody got a list of every band in the world so that we can cross out all the ones who are already playing somewhere else?

A fiver from me on The Decemberists, and after Friday in Leeds I would be very happy with that. And they can bring Blind Pilot with them as well.

Edited by GTG

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does the UK festival exclusive thing rule out Pj and interpol? I know they are playing electric picnic but that's southern Ireland, which isn't Uk. I think Polly is nailed on, being from Dorset and all, but I'll place my bet on Belle & Sebastian for the better odds.

I'm going with one of the following:

PJ Harvey

Belle & Sebastian

The Bad Seeds/Grinderman

Decemberists

Bonnie Prince Billy

Joanna Newsom

I can't see it being The National. Think they've just exploded too massively now. For EOTR to get a UK exclusive on them, when the big guns have yet to announced their line-ups yet, well, the costs would be too great. Bearing in mind that Reading/Leeds, supposedly, paid The Libertines a million quid to play last year, just shows the gulf in wealth between EOTR and the others.

So yeah, that's my guesses, spreading my bets a bit, but there you go.

Says 'oo? Only a rumour atm, surely? Leeds don't announce until after Latitude - and EOTR! The National do seem to be the new darlings of the 'Skins' producers though, soundtracked twice in the last 3 excruciating episodes, I think, so Leeds/Reading would be logical.

Hadn't really thought the Electric Picnic thing through, had I? I shall have a troubled week now, fretting about Interpol.

Actually, I think that Feis one-dayer in London has the best lineup at the moment.

Says 'oo? Only a rumour atm, surely? Leeds don't announce until after Latitude - and EOTR! The National do seem to be the new darlings of the 'Skins' producers though, soundtracked twice in the last 3 excruciating episodes, I think, so Leeds/Reading would be logical.

Hadn't really thought the Electric Picnic thing through, had I? I shall have a troubled week now, fretting about Interpol.

Actually, I think that Feis one-dayer in London has the best lineup at the moment.