% in site by....?

Guest danbailey80

i work in the kidz field and get there monday evening to set up for the other 20 of our friends we pitch for. i camp opposite the pyramid. until wednesday there were probably about 10-20 tents pitched there. the fields surrounding were completely full by about 4 pm wednesday.

madness

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Wednesday attendance has been naturally increasing year on year. I think the football definitely had an impact on the time of day on Wednesday that people arrived by, but that Wednesday numbers by midnight will still be in the 100k arena.

The weather can't be too understated either. Last two years have been pretty gorgeous and surely encouraged more people to rock up early. Also don't most of the coaches go on Wednesday? The increase in coach based tickets must've increased the Weds count too.

Me, I always come early Thursday. I'd like to do a Wednesday entry, but you know I hear all this talk of queues etc. My 4 years of Thursday entry have been totally stress free

So I expect a greater number of people who arrive overnight in the hope of getting in before there's huge queues, plus others who are less fussed about being on site as early as possible on the Wednesday who will arrive later in the day.

We travelled down from the Manchester area on Tues night last year... probs around 9pm. Wanted to be in for the footy obviously but also our usual spot on Row Mead which is notoriously full by Weds dinner!

We arrived in East 2 around 2am on Weds morning... cracked a few tinnies and chatted to people there, nice atmosphere with everyone chilling but enjoying themselves. Anyone wanting precious sleep should avoid arriving at this time for obvious reasons... cramped with all the gear in a car is an understatement!

Took about 1hr to get in as we were parked right near the entrance gate... was setup on Row Mead and sat back enjoying the atmos by 11am... Earliest we've ever done!

Needless to say we are doing exactly thr same this year! :)

We’re looking at leaving 11pm-12 on the Tues night, with us also driving down from Yorkshire – any traffic problems generally before hitting the M42/M5 if setting off at this time?

I have done previously. Arriving late Thursday/early Friday is wonderfully stress free IF you are in a couple and can squeeze a small tent in anywhere.

I'll be with a vast crew this year which judging by last year is a colossal pain in the arse involving driving through the night, putting up other peoples tents and suffering bad camping spots chosen by numpties (NEVER camp near the Bimble Inn if you value more than 10 minutes sleep a night!).

Plus my favoured late arrival place was Wicket/Lime Kiln which seems to have be donated to the bloody kids which I'm very pissed off about!

As other posters have mentioned if you travel small and light you'll have no issues finding a spot.

Hey mate !

Parked in E11 and used hill of death down to PGC !

It was strange cos although the q's were pretty heavy they moved very quickly , which was good !

Oh - My mate is considering Oxygen next year - whats your thoughts ? , and keep em clean

Edited by The Nal

As per my earlier post to this thread, don't worry. Check this photo out, taken last year mid festival, We arrived Thursday afternoon, look at the far right of the photo - to the west of the JP stage. There was oodles of space in this srea. We camped just to the right of this and there was even more space, more than enough for a large group. THis was mid festival - check out the stages, there are laods of people around. Can't guarantee it will be the same this year but I can't see why not

Chill out!!! B)

glasto-aerial2010.jpg

As per my earlier post to this thread, don't worry. Check this photo out, taken last year mid festival, We arrived Thursday afternoon, look at the far right of the photo - to the west of the JP stage. There was oodles of space in this srea. We camped just to the right of this and there was even more space, more than enough for a large group. THis was mid festival - check out the stages, there are laods of people around. Can't guarantee it will be the same this year but I can't see why not

Chill out!!! B)

Edited by J1mbo