Brother

Guest Big Vern

Not only are they awful, they are also about as fake and plastic as it gets. For all their preaching about their 'gritpop' 'britpop' revivalist gripe they are total phonies, who have manufactured this sound only with the hope of money.

Evidence: Brother, used to be a pop-punk band called Kill The Arcade or a previous/later (I'm unsure I admit, I don't want to know!) incarnation before Brother, a screamo outfit called Wolf Am I. They really are absolute tossers, if they play Queen's Head on Thursday I may just go to throw something at them.

I've just been a bit of a c**t to a lad on the Streets thread for opening it just to slag them off :lol::P

So... This is going to be a shocking contradiction, but seriously, it's impossible to like this band if you've got a f**king brain in your nut.

The most obvious gang of fakers to ever pick up guitars, trying to pose and act 'cool' in a desperate attempt to gain fame, because mummsy and daddy paid for their amps and gear. Clearly posh little tools who've learnt a few chords and got their Uncle Giddeon to phone one of his 'connections' in the media and put their name about. Honestly, talentless w*nkers.

I've just been a bit of a c**t to a lad on the Streets thread for opening it just to slag them off :lol::P

So... This is going to be a shocking contradiction, but seriously, it's impossible to like this band if you've got a f**king brain in your nut.

The most obvious gang of fakers to ever pick up guitars, trying to pose and act 'cool' in a desperate attempt to gain fame, because mummsy and daddy paid for their amps and gear. Clearly posh little tools who've learnt a few chords and got their Uncle Giddeon to phone one of his 'connections' in the media and put their name about. Honestly, talentless w*nkers.

Edited by Tugger2k

hhhhhmmmm, i dont think you could be any further off the mark as regards to their back ground if you tried

but hey, if anonymous ranting on an internet forum at 4 lads who have had more success than you ever dream of realising makes you feel good, knock yourself out, seriously

they're not my bag, but good on the lads from sluff for even getting as far as they have

i would of course suggest that if they are playing you could always amuse yourself at one of the many other stages, but i fear that an argument even that simple may not penetrate your tiny, bitter mind

• 2 months later...

Ooh, touched a nerve have I? You wouldn't happen to be the uncle in question would you? Peddling Brothers shite around for them.

You're obviously alone in your support for this band, who, as it has already been pointed out, took on many, very different, forms before finally settling on this current cringeworthy "grit-pop" style. This is a sign of a band who will latch on to any "trend" within popular music in order to get a following.

Any success I may one day realise is unknown, as I'm seventeen and still studying. Well done though for your poor attempt at justifying this bands motives. If you had any perspicacity about you at all, you'd be able to tell that they're 4 chancers who've gotten tattoos and 'cool' haircuts and written songs intended to inflame 14 year old indie boys. If you think this is ok, you need help.

Now go and continue to w*nk over their videos, you reflected-glory seeking weirdo.