Vaping

t8yman

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm a roll-up smoker I wanna give up. The old man gave me one, a vaperlite e-cig with a cartomizer, but the throat hit is just too weak on it. Im going to try uping the strength of the juice but at the moment It won't keep me off the rollies.

What do you or others recommend as the best for rollie smokers? A good strong throat and nicotine hit is important, at least to start with. I also want it to be cigarette looking but with a odd coloured light so it's clear it's not a normal cig.

New to this so any recommendations are welcome

To be honest, your best chance of getting something that's going to produce enough vapour and give you a strong enough throat hit to keep you off the rollies is to get something that doesn't look like a ciggy.

Looking like a ciggy limits the battery size and that in turn limits the power that it can kick out to get the juice nice and hot.

I've got a couple of these http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/joyetech-ego-c-1000mah-upgrade-battery~316 (You'll also need a charger - http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/ego%2Friva%2Fecho-usb-charger-with-cord-%28510%29~144) and I'm very happy with them. Been off the ciggies for well over a year now with zero temptation to go back :-)

I'd also start off on high strength liquid - the throat hit comes from the nicotine so the more nicotine the more throat hit you'll get.

you'll may want to upgrade to one of these - http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=165

though nothing is going to give you that throat hit - I recommend making your own e-juice - I use whiskey or absinth in the mix for a beeter back of the throat hit, and use a lot of nicotine for the kick.

been off the analog fags for a year now

I used to use the e-lites but as others have hinted at, the battery is pretty sub-par and doesn't produce a good enough vape to be a long term solution. I got myself in itazte VV which has got a variable voltage setting and can handle different atachments (currently got one of the clearomisers with the wick).

http://www.ukecigstore.com/e-cigarettes/starter-kits/innokin-itaste-express-vv-black-replaceable-kit

It produces such a strong hit that I have to keep the voltage down pretty low TBH. The battery will last 3-4 days from a single charge which is a bonus.

• 5 months later...

I used to use the e-lites but as others have hinted at, the battery is pretty sub-par and doesn't produce a good enough vape to be a long term solution. I got myself in itazte VV which has got a variable voltage setting and can handle different atachments (currently got one of the clearomisers with the wick).

http://www.ukecigstore.com/e-cigarettes/starter-kits/innokin-itaste-express-vv-black-replaceable-kit

It produces such a strong hit that I have to keep the voltage down pretty low TBH. The battery will last 3-4 days from a single charge which is a bonus.

I've just bought this on your recommendation for Glastonbury, hoping it's good!

• 1 month later...

I've just bought this on your recommendation for Glastonbury, hoping it's good!

well I've just got rid of it :lol:

I hated it, I mean, it is very very good, and no doubt worth the praise it gets.

However, I just want one I can leave in my pocket and pull out when I'm drunk. The Innokin only needs a couple pushes of it's button to turn back on, so on a night out it ends up burning through all the liquid in my pocket, making it useless compared to something like the e-go ones....

Can anyone recommend one small enough to fit in my pocket that I'd have no issues with it turning on and blasting through the liquid? I think I might end up going for one of the ones that actually look like a cig and only pull when you toke on it??

well I've just got rid of it :lol:

I hated it, I mean, it is very very good, and no doubt worth the praise it gets.

However, I just want one I can leave in my pocket and pull out when I'm drunk. The Innokin only needs a couple pushes of it's button to turn back on, so on a night out it ends up burning through all the liquid in my pocket, making it useless compared to something like the e-go ones....

Can anyone recommend one small enough to fit in my pocket that I'd have no issues with it turning on and blasting through the liquid? I think I might end up going for one of the ones that actually look like a cig and only pull when you toke on it??

yeah I use what is now The Smoker's Angel Halo - I have found as well as the usual stuff the cartridge is useful for vaping neat absinthe, skunk vodka. and shroom juice.

I've only had 7 analogs in 2 years - 5 of those were at Glastonbury this year!

Edited by 5co77ie

yeah I use what is now The Smoker's Angel Halo - I have found as well as the usual stuff the cartridge is useful for vaping neat absinthe, skunk vodka. and shroom juice.

I've only had 7 analogs in 2 years - 5 of those were at Glastonbury this year!

this one?

aye that's the one - you just pop the ends off the carts with a pin and add your own liquids - forget e-liquids I vape alcohol it's cheaper - whiskey is quite nice - once you've emptied them then just keep topping them up - i use the zero nicotine ones now and don't really do nicotine much (i did at Glasto)

Or get a cartomiser for a fiver and just pour in what I'm drinking in the pub

http://www.thesmokersangel.co.uk/categories/Batteries-and-Chargers/

I by no means recommend it, and you do so at your own risk - I'm not advocating this obviously but I look at it as it just needs any liquid that makes vapour - and it's nicer than glycerine, and at least I know what's in it - though it's probably worse for me mind! Though it's probably better than drinking the stuff in any quantity.

Edited by 5co77ie

from what i can see the price - the number of carts and the number of batteries.

ahh, it was the way they used different words, I was half asleep and thought they were different things :P

just bought the express kit, looking forward to it, thanks for the heads up :)

just arrived, and wow :D

the battery is charging, but it comes with a USB ecig that has a really long wire, so you can just smoke it from your laptop, if the actual Green Smoke ecig is anywhere as good as this usb one then I am a VERY happy customer

thanks for the heads again 5co77ie :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been using e cigs for 10 months and after trying all kinds of devices and juices i've decided to start mixing my own.

just ordered a mixing kit from http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/.

i like the idea of alcohol flavoured vape. spiced rum is my favourite tipple so that would be the first i'm trying.

what do you do just mix the alcohol with the nicotine?.

I've been using e cigs for 10 months and after trying all kinds of devices and juices i've decided to start mixing my own.

just ordered a mixing kit from http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/.

i like the idea of alcohol flavoured vape. spiced rum is my favourite tipple so that would be the first i'm trying.

what do you do just mix the alcohol with the nicotine?.

I used to yes, but I'm now nicotine free - have been around a year now (bar a few exceptions where I've forgotten my own mix) - I still vape absinthe tho if mixing your own you will need B.P.Glycerin from your chemists. I don't use VG anymore either - there are apps on recipies out there too for both android and iphone.

I used to yes, but I'm now nicotine free - have been around a year now (bar a few exceptions where I've forgotten my own mix) - I still vape absinthe tho if mixing your own you will need B.P.Glycerin from your chemists. I don't use VG anymore either - there are apps on recipies out there too for both android and iphone.

thanks I'll have a look at the apps.

i'm down to 0.6% nicotine and hopefully zero in the new year.

its all the messing about with different flavours and equipment that i enjoy most.

• 10 months later...

Can anyone recommend a site / ebay account where I can get a cheap decent set up?

The internet is flooded with ecigs and I can't tell what is a good deal and what is terribly made!

I had a really nice wooden carved X Fire ecig at Glastonbury but it went walkies :( Now I'm way too skint to afford one, so trying to get something that will keep me from smoking until I have the disposable cash to buy a nice one :)

Edited by nightcrawler13

Apollo just launched a new series of decent starter kits - nothing fancy but you don't want to spend a lot and lose it.

I've knocked smoking neat absinthe through mine on the head - and definitely feel better for it.

Scotty, you are the craziest vaper I have ever met

Thanks Neil :)