Vaping

t8yman

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So have all the other vapers given up and gone back to analogues?

I use both, I still smoke 20 a day normally, but I use my vaper a lot. its great not having to get my arse off the sofa to go outside for a fag. I use almost exclusively jantys ry4

that article is nearly 4 years old - as far as I know the ingredients in both e-liquids and e-cartridges have changed since then and don't use diethylene glycol - what ever you use you should be able to find the ingredients on their websites.

Although if you make your own tinctures then only you know what's in them.

• 1 month later...

Hi! Sorry to drag up an old topic, but I'm hoping for some advice.I've tried to give up smoking a few times now, have tried patches, willpower, and the Easyway book but after a few months I'm smoking again. I am beyond fed up with myself and feel absolutely pathetic for not being able to do this! :(

I was wondering if anyone has used electronic cigarettes as a way of completely replacing the tobacco cigs, especially in the long term? And maybe recommendations of reputable places to buy/brands etc.?

I bought an electronic ciggie but it did nothing for me and I'm still smoking. When I went on a long haul flight I took a nicotine inhaler from Boots. It comes with capsules that contain a liquid that gives you a blast of nicotine. Better than an electronic ciggie but I still couldn't wait to get out of the airport and light up.

I suspect that the only way to really quit the weed is cold turkey. It might be worth putting the same amount of money that you normally spend on ciggies each day in a jar and see it mount up. I know someone who was a heavy smoker, quit and did that and had a Caribbean holiday within a year on their ciggie spend.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy world vaping day everyone!

How's it going for you all? I'm still loving it :) I had my first analogue in 4 months the other day and had to force myself to finish it in a kind of 'I'm going to mentally scar myself' way - utterly disgusting - I can confidently say I'll never be going back there.

Still on E-Lites but found out that you can just pop the end off the cartridges and refill with your own juice, which slashes the price to a fraction of what it was.

Happy days!

i still use mine, bought two new vaporisers the other day. im going for a bit of variation on my juice as the missus hates the smell of the RY4 that I normally use. dug out the old blueberry, lemon and vanilla juices I got when I started, and they make for a nice change.

i still do analogs though!

No analogs (real ciggies) since new year - using the V2 flavoured cartridges (only used 2 out entirely of 10 flavours in those 90+ days smoking daily) - if I had bought one flavour I probably wouldn't have lasted - love standing in gigs smoking or sitting in the pub watching the footie. Prefer the smell of my vapour to fags now.

I bought a painted battery - it's very scratched now - so I'll get an unpainted one before the festival season starts.

I have a vaper with a glowing white light so it's clear in the dark it's not a fag, at gigs a few people have asked to try it, or asked where they can get one.

I check with the door staff/security first and they all have been knowledgable about them so have obviously come across them before.

In the pub no one has said anything, guess most eyes are on the screens.

I usually stand outside too, it's only in the last few weeks (should have done it when it was colder) that I've decided to start using it indoors in public.

I still do go outside if everyone else is - it's just as alienating sitting inside on your own when everyone is outside havin' a fag.

I find the reaction varies a hell of a lot ! Sometimes, no one bats an eyelid. Sometimes there are several others doing the same - I notice lots more peeps vaping tese days. But on many other occasions, li'l hitlers various immediately rush over to insist that I stop smoking or they'll do something or other as it's illegal ... and it *always* seems to p!ss them off bigtime when they realise that they've been more than a tad over-enthusiastic in their unreasonably hasty attempt to try and bash the smokers :lol: Always amusing 'stubbing' the e-cig out on me arm just to demonstrate the error of their ways and all that before carrying on enjoying it, hehehe :P Must admit that I get a totally unreasonable amount of satisfaction from winding up the anti-smoking brigade by using the e-cig absolutely anywhere where smoking is technically banned though ... so I probably need to get a life as the novelty and shock value (so to speak) of an e-cig really ought to have worn off by now as I've been using them for more than 9 months and they've been around for years. Mind you, I quite often wander off behind the bikesheds outside anyway for a bit of passive smoking at the same time apart from anything else I'm afraid :rolleyes: Good as e-cigs are relative to other options, they're still not a 100% substitute for the Real Thing for me so I still really look forward to my meager daily rations of the evil tobacco sticks and the opportunity of a bit of passive smoke is a welcome bonus !

Edited by mikeb

i need a new atmoiser, does anyone know of one that doesn't leak?

Mine keeps leaking in my pocket, so when I'm out partying I don't realise and ended up melting the plastic, which means it now has plastic stuck inside and is probably worse for me then analogue smoking :O

• 4 weeks later...

111 days since my last analogue - this from the guy who did do 25g of tobacco a day at weekends!

I'm impressed with the V2 still not used all my carts yet - i see they're doing their own range of eliquids now - has anyone tried them? Their own range in particular I'm already dripping, but I'm hooked on their 'Congress' flavour.

Had to go to the doctors last week - rather enjoyed smoking it in his office whilst he told me it was a million times better than analogues for me, I was concerned about the possible health issues - he just said overdoing it could equal mouth ulcers - I'm already aware of that after a drunken night out where I did three carts in a few hours.

Edited by 5co77ie

• 8 months later...
111 days since my last analogue - this from the guy who did do 25g of tobacco a day at weekends!

I'm impressed with the V2 still not used all my carts yet - i see they're doing their own range of eliquids now - has anyone tried them? Their own range in particular I'm already dripping, but I'm hooked on their 'Congress' flavour.

Had to go to the doctors last week - rather enjoyed smoking it in his office whilst he told me it was a million times better than analogues for me, I was concerned about the possible health issues - he just said overdoing it could equal mouth ulcers - I'm already aware of that after a drunken night out where I did three carts in a few hours.

i'm a roll-up smoker I wanna give up. The old man gave me one, a vaperlite e-cig with a cartomizer, but the throat hit is just too weak on it. Im going to try uping the strength of the juice but at the moment It won't keep me off the rollies.

What do you or others recommend as the best for rollie smokers? A good strong throat and nicotine hit is important, at least to start with. I also want it to be cigarette looking but with a odd coloured light so it's clear it's not a normal cig.

New to this so any recommendations are welcome

i'm a roll-up smoker I wanna give up. The old man gave me one, a vaperlite e-cig with a cartomizer, but the throat hit is just too weak on it. Im going to try uping the strength of the juice but at the moment It won't keep me off the rollies.

What do you or others recommend as the best for rollie smokers? A good strong throat and nicotine hit is important, at least to start with. I also want it to be cigarette looking but with a odd coloured light so it's clear it's not a normal cig.

New to this so any recommendations are welcome

I was invited to do a study on giving up smoking with Birmingham University. As part of the study I had to stick on nicotene patches and also smoke the same number of cigarettes that I would have done normally. In the past they said this was a definite no no, but this was a new study to see what the affects would be. Let me tell you what the affects were. I stuck on the patches and continued to smoke normally. After about a week I just couldn't stand the thought of having a cigarette but I was told I had to continue. I lasted one more week smoking and thought fuck it I'm not smoking anymore even though they said I was to continue smoking. The net effect was that I gave up smoking for 14 months. In fact I only started again when I went to Glastonbury last year. Unfortunately I couldn't resist a fag there. Had I not gone I firmly believe I would still be a non smoker.

Why not try it? What have you got to loose?